Landcruiser 80 series 1HZ denso IP ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser 80 series 1HZ denso IP ??

I have just taken delivery of a maintenance manual for my 96 landcrusier - sadly it is lacking in detail.

The vehicle has a denso IP and looking at the pump (in vehicle) at the top of the pump there appears to be something similar to a glow plug - can anyone advise on what it really is?

Also, the manual makes a number of references to the "fuel heater" however, sadly lacking, the detail is not included, neither photo or diagram nor info :-( There is one image of the "heater / vacuum switch" that shows an electrical connection but this is also difficult to understand)

Any info here? do they have a fuel heater (other then the hot fuel return line)

I would appreciate a link to good images or schematics if anyone has them.

thanks

Geoff
    Telegraph Point NSW
    Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
    Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Re: Landcruiser 80 series 1HZ denso IP ??

Geoff, you have a genuine manual for your 96 1Hz? I suggest getting a Gregories manual (Supercheap) its got the info your after. I am not sure what is on your injection pump but you have glow plugs (if I am not mistaken) and they have their own electrical bus alongside the injectors (the engine is indirect injected btw).

I owned a 93 1Hz and replaced the ijectors myself and pulled out the glow plugs too. Depending on how many km it may well be worth cleaning the injectors and it will run on biodiesel just fine. My old one is doing just this.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

thanks Matt

ellerys manual - I will have a look at the Gregories

The "glow plug" is on the pump - should have taken a picture.

It is more in relation to using a SVO / bio blend (currently 50:50) using the secondary tank for the blend. I am just working through ideas on getting additional heat into the fuel at startup and when running on the blend.

Generally I would say it runs fine when everything is hot, but to be safe I would like to increase the viscosity of the SVO a bit. I have just read that canola at 80C is close to the viscosity of diesel so an improvement is feasible.

Given that the solenoid and switching is between the 2 tanks I would prefer any heating to be there so my preference would be electrical. I have recently seen a glow plug SVO heater but I cannot find the link.

all good stuff

Geoff
      Geoffwin
      Last edited by Geoffwin; 30 May 2007, 10:20 PM. Reason: mistake removed
      Telegraph Point NSW
      Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
      Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

I think it's probably the Fuel Cut Solenoid you're looking at. I have the genuine manual and have compared it to a mate's Gregory's. Much more info in the genuine one.
        Aust spec cruiser's don't have the fuel heater.
        Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Working...
        X