My New WVO Filtering system, 200L 15minutes VIDEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New WVO Filtering system, 200L 15minutes VIDEO

i thought id try out useing a water pump, and also a water filter housing with 5 micron filter. it pumps through the filter with no problem of pressure build up or busting lines, from suction through the filter and back to the tank is 3/4 all the way.

heres a video of the system.

Video of WVO Filtering system - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: My New WVO Filtering system, 200L 15minutes VIDEO

Neat and tidy setup. What sort of pump are you using?

Tim
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

it is a elcheapo pump off ebay, and so it the filter housing.
      here is a link from where i got it. Oh the pump can pump up to 65PSI.
      cheers mike
      eBay Australia: Water Pump QB80 gardening air power tools water tank (item 220115295504, end time 23-Jun-07 16:26:05 AEST)

Comment

Nice video, but it's not 15 minutes long!

Does the filter restrict the flow a lot? I am thinking of fitting one of these to my biodiesel filling station I'm making, but the QB70 I've got is too fast (unrestricted) for filling the car (potentially very messy!) so I was thinking of using a QB60.

However if one of these filters reduces the flow rate a lot I might need the QB70 or even QB80 to compensate.

I know you're pumping SVO and I'm talking about biodiesel, but it might give me the general idea.

Or can anyone else give me an indication of the flow rate of a QB*0 with biodiesel through one of these filters?
        Sean

Comment

hi its not 15 minute video it pumps 200L in 15 minutes, anyway my pump is a QB80, and with the filter inline of if i would say it probably pumps about 10 to 20 litres a minute. i also heat my 44 drum to about 75-80oC, so the oil comes pretty viscos, and flows a lot quicker.
          Hope this helps

cheers

Comment

If your flow rate is too fast for refuelling, add a ball valve in series to reduce the maximum flow rate. Calibrate the flow rate by pumping back into the drum from which it was pumped. Once you know where to set the flow, you can set it each time, just before refuelling.

Tony
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Tony. I think I'm right in saying that restricting the flow before the pump is preferable as it puts less load on the motor? That's what my experiments seem to indicate anyway.

What I will probably do is take my existing reactor pump (QB70) and move it to the filling station and then buy a QB80 for the reactor. That way I've got plenty of overhead and can restrict the flow if I need to. The QB80 is only about $15-$20 more than the QB60 anyway.
              Sean

Comment

Originally posted by clackdwack View Post
                hi its not 15 minute video it pumps 200L in 15 minutes, anyway my pump is a QB80, and with the filter inline of if i would say it probably pumps about 10 to 20 litres a minute. i also heat my 44 drum to about 75-80oC, so the oil comes pretty viscos, and flows a lot quicker.
                Hope this helps

cheers
                Hi The system looks realy good one, thought is how long has it ran for?? has it had any problems with seals ie non viton rubber breaking down and leaving a leaking pump?.
                Vegetable Fuels PTY LTD

Comment

I've been running 2 of these for over a year. The ceramic bearing in one started leaking so I replaced it and changed the rubber O ring for a viton one at the same time (didn't really need it though). The other pump has been fine.

It's worth bearing in mind I've been pumping mainly biodiesel through mine, which attacks rubber much more than WVO. So you should have no problems.
                  Sean

Comment

Awsome... Ive been looking for a good (cheap) 240v pump for this application... cheers guys...

Q. Is the water filter a 10" or a 20".... ?

(PS.. Hey Tim, does that filter housing look familiar ?)
                    Nissan Patrol 2007 CRD 3.0l

Pre-heated oil - Blended Injection Pre-Rail - Flash Tuned for efficancy

2004 TD42T Nissan Patrol - Wife Proof ( Electronic change over / temp control / auto purge etc )

100% SVO since 2006 - SIMPLE NO FUSS Setup. 5 West to East to West Crossings, Numerous Adventures, and Many Weekend Trips... 350 000 kms + on SVO and counting

Conversions to date :
                    1 x Nissan CRD 3.0l, 2007

2 x Nissan RD2.8t 1998,1999
                    4 x Nissan 4.2TD 1996,2001,2004,2006
                    2 x Ford Ranger (pre TDCi) 2004,2006
                    2 x Toyota Trayback Commercials 3l TD : Both 2000+ Imports Di's
                    1 x Electric Start 8hp Cement Mixer - NON TURBO !!!
                    1 x 5hp Water Pump - Also NON TURBO !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clackdwack View Post
                      it is a elcheapo pump off ebay, and so it the filter housing.
                      here is a link from where i got it. Oh the pump can pump up to 65PSI.
                      cheers mike
                      eBay Australia: Water Pump QB80 gardening air power tools water tank (item 220115295504, end time 23-Jun-07 16:26:05 AEST)
                      This listing (220115295504) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
                      If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Anyone have the details of this pump - been taken off ebay.

I have a 240v pump that started off pumping 600l/hour through a 1 micron sediment filter. It may be a little slower now that the filter is no longer brand new, I havn't checked. It has a thermal cutout and stops after about 15 mins continuous pumping. If I stop it every 20 litres as I do to change drums when refuelling, it doesn't get hot enough to cut out.

Details here:http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_use...html#post23631
                      Nuddy
                      Last edited by Nuddy; 28 May 2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Or on ebay at this link

BRAND NEW! Water Pump QB80 - Gardening Water Tank Tools - eBay, Pumps, Tools, Home. (end time 28-Aug-08 20:12:09 AEST)

Here is the same pump.
                        New Compact Durable 0.75 KW 1HP Water Pump

Adobe

Comment

Originally posted by 98troopy View Post
                          This listing (220115295504) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
                          If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Anyone have the details of this pump - been taken off ebay.

I have a 240v pump that started off pumping 600l/hour through a 1 micron sediment filter. It may be a little slower now that the filter is no longer brand new, I havn't checked. It has a thermal cutout and stops after about 15 mins continuous pumping. If I stop it every 20 litres as I do to change drums when refuelling, it doesn't get hot enough to cut out.

Details here:http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_use...html#post23631
                          If the cutout is operating you have a problem, ie too much heat (over working the motor) try two filters in parallel to increase flow.
                          Vegetable Fuels PTY LTD

Comment

Working...
                          X