Peugeot 307 HDi problems prior to 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 307 HDi problems prior to 2006

A general warning to all, I have just found out that the injector fuel return lines are perishing in my 2004 307 HDi diesel. It comes off the top of the injectors and goes back to the fuel pump. It is simple to replace with somethign like Goodyear Ortac 5mm hose (Blackwoods stock it), this is after 3 years of B100.

I also have concerns that the fuel bulb may be made of the same material but I cannot locate it at the moment as its pouring rain besides I cannot remember seeing if I had one, but I think its there somewhere.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Re: Peugeot 307 HDi problems prior to 2006

Originally posted by Matt
    I also have concerns that the fuel bulb may be made of the same material but I cannot locate it at the moment as its pouring rain besides I cannot remember seeing if I had one, but I think its there somewhere.

What is this thing called "rain"?

Tony from very dry West Oz
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

hi does anyone know if my peugeot boxer has a DPF, ive tried looking in all the books that came with it but there is no mention. Its a 2004 2.2 hdi.

I also presume that from the posts ive read that it should be ok on b100.

thanks guys.

Comment

Your VIN number tells lots. Mine, for example, starts with VF33C9HZC

The VF33 bit means it's a pug, and made in France. The C means it's a 307, and the 9HZC identifies the engine/gearbox/emissions combination. 9HZC means it's a 1.6l HDi with FAP and five speed manual.

Type your code into google, and see what comes up.

Comment

Thanks Suzy, Ill have a look not that it matters its going to the south of France in july (its a motorhome) and there will be 140 litres of BD in containers under the seats and 80 litres in the tank, so i dont need to buy any diesel when im there. Should be a good test as we should do 2000 miles. There will be flowers coming out of the exhaust all the way there!

Comment

Yes Tony my 9 year old was heard to comment "whats that noise?" he had cot seen much rain here. Its the first good downpour in years. Not sure what was worse, the gooey fuel lines or getting a wet back looking in there.

Its not a lot of rain actually, just something more than a 15 minutes storm cell. The dams need a lot more than this.

Matt

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
            What is this thing called "rain"?

Tony from very dry West Oz
            Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
            X