Fitian the perfectionist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitian the perfectionist

I am the owner of the 300D conversion that Fitian has just completed and described in this thread http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_use...onversion.html

I bought the car 12 months ago with the intention to run it on bio. I attended the biodiesel meet at UNSW on March 11. The event was well organised and the biodiesel demonstration of Wayne (geewhizztoo) was most educational and I would like to thank the organisers for putting it on. I started experimenting with biodiesel and Wayne continued to support me with his knowledge and experience. However, I decided that a conversion would be the better option for me long-term given my time constraints and the ongoing cost in converting WVO to bio. Wayne suggested I contact Fitian to learn about converting a 300D.

The first time I met Fitian I knew I was dealing with a very honest, helpful and incredibly knowledgeable man. It also became clear that I myself could never do a good a job as Fitian. He offered to help with sourcing the components and the conversion itself. I knew my car would be in the very best hands possible and I asked Fitian if he would do it all. Luckily for me, he did. Fitian worked all weekend and most of Saturday night on the conversion. Within three days my car was finished. The photos speak for themselves. Fitian did a perfect job. He is an absolute enthusiast and perfectionist.
    I have been running the car now for 5 days on the first tank of veg (supplied by Fitian) and it runs beautifully.
    It would have taken me months to convert the car myself and it would have been an amateurish job with all the headaches, break downs and failures. Thanks to Fitian I now smell veg after 3 days, feel happy doing the right thing and know the car is absolutely reliable, just the way I need it.

For the benefit of people like me I would hope that Fitian would offer his knowledge and skills on a commercial basis in form of kits or complete installations. Thank you Fitian for your help and a perfect and professional conversion.
    Regards,
    Uwe

Re: Fitian the perfectionist

Glad to hear it's going well Uwe, as when I saw the photos of your car it got me thinking about doing a conversion on my 300D. And I definitely intend to call on Fitian's services if/when I do, as his experience will be invaluable.

I would also be happy to pay for the benefit of that experience, whether it be for just advice, a kit or a full install. I hope these posts encourage him to think about doing it commercially, even if it is just for a hobby.

How much did you spend on parts for your conversion?
    Sean

Comment

I thank you Uwe for your kindness. I hope I am worthy of half of those words you said.

Pangit.
      I'd be very honored to work on your car. Just let me know what you want done if you have a prefered system or I can give you some options to select from.

Regards,
      Fitian
      <><

Comment

Thanks Fitian, I will do. I'm not ready to go ahead yet, but I've brought the subject up with the wife and she's quite pro the idea (even though she doesn't entirely trust my fiddlings with the cars ). She even said she wouldn't have a problem remembering to switch back to the startup tank. So that's the first major hurdle out of the way!

So yes, I'll definitely let you know. And if you can help me source parts (like those rather nice FPHEs you're advertising at the moment) that would be very helpful.
        Sean

Comment

Originally posted by pangit View Post
          Glad to hear it's going well Uwe, as when I saw the photos of your car it got me thinking about doing a conversion on my 300D. And I definitely intend to call on Fitian's services if/when I do, as his experience will be invaluable.

I would also be happy to pay for the benefit of that experience, whether it be for just advice, a kit or a full install. I hope these posts encourage him to think about doing it commercially, even if it is just for a hobby.

How much did you spend on parts for your conversion?
          Hi Pangit,
          Fitian used only quality parts and I am sure he can tell you the excact cost of these. However I don't look at this as an expense at all rather than a money saving excercise.
          I am driving 30K+ per year and my fuel bill is anywhere between $3000 and $4000 a year. If I spent $1500 or even $2000 for a quality conversion it would only take me 6 months to recoup this expense. After this I am saving about $3K per year. There is no need to think twice about it unless you have a problem with picking up and filtering WVO.
          Cheers,
          Uwe

Comment

Working...
          X