Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is best: VP or Biodiesel Station?

Folks,

Would like to hear your opinions on sources of Bio in Sydney.
    I know many recommend the Biodiesel Station in Marrackville but it is out of the way.
    VP stations are less inconvienient but I'm concerned about the negative comments about them on this forum.
    Have they improved or were the problems isolated to particular period in time and / or particular outlet.
    Ones in consideration for me would be Wentworthville or Forrestville.

cheers Tygar.

Re: Who is best: VP or Biodiesel Station?

Originally posted by Tygar View Post
    Folks,

Would like to hear your opinions on sources of Bio in Sydney.
    I know many recommend the Biodiesel Station in Marrackville but it is out of the way.
    VP stations are less inconvienient but I'm concerned about the negative comments about them on this forum.
    Have they improved or were the problems isolated to particular period in time and / or particular outlet.
    Ones in consideration for me would be Wentworthville or Forrestville.
    cheers Tygar.
    Use the Biodiesel Station in Marrackville.
    Use VP at your own risk. If they only stuff up your engine fuel system once a year is that something you would be happy with?

Comment

I completely agree with the above post.

From what I have read, the worst thing about VP is they have shown absoloutley no interest in improving the crap fuel they have been proven to be selling. With contempt for their customers like this and no concern for the trouble of expense it may cause them, I wouldn't go near the mongerals out of principal alone.

If you are located anywhere in Sydney, I would say it's not too far to go to buy good fuel From BD Station and support a business who have gone out of their way to provide Quality BD and service their customers as best they can.

To make the most out of a trip there, just get yourself some drums and fill 200L worth of these as well as your tank. You can get metal or plastic drums for free from lots of resturants who just throw them out so no need to go to any expense in buying them. I quite like being able to fill up at home rather than go to service stations as I find it more convienent to fill up when I want to rather than when I have to.

Buy stocking up each trip, you may only need to make the journey to Biodiesel station once a month anyway.

Comment

This is a no-brainer.

Biodiesel Station wins hands down.

As it stands for me at the moment I would put petrodiesel in before I would use VP. I would be delighted if they got their act together and I no longer felt this way as there is one quite close to my home.

Cameron

Comment

It comes down to motivation.

VPs motivation for selling biodiesel is related to cost - it's slightly cheaper than petrodiesel. Alas, this motivation dictates many of their business practices. They're cagey about the blend, there is occasionally suspicion that they blend in non-excise materials, etc.

The Biodiesel Station's motivation is to supply quality fuel to those of us who want to run biodiesel. Their blends are reliable, the station is clean and well kept, and the product is second-to-none.

I line on the north shore, and I fill up in Marrickville. Sure, it's a bit of a hike, but my jerry cans mean that I don't have to do it too often.

Comment

Having just emptied a layer of wax out of the main tank in the land rover I am only buying from the biodiesel station or dino diesel stations with a high volume throughput. This little episode cost me a primary filter and 3 el cheapo ( super expensive auto ) disposable filters before I cleaned the tank.

I now sample any other BD mix suppliers by dropping a litre or two into a clear fruit juice container and leave it in the freezer overnight. If it cames up as still usable then go back and buy some more.
            The freezer chills down to about the temp we get with a good frost.

Also noted in this episode that all the Defender filters including the engine bay filter run very cold right upto the injector pump even after running down the freeway on a cold night.

Guess where crook fuel came from??????

Peter the Pilot

Comment

Ok, so the Biodiesel station are the ones to use.
              Who is their supplier of dino diesel for the blends? Do they use new low sulphur diesel (10ppm)?
              I've recieved a BP fuel card for my car (lease) but that doesn't force me to use BP.
              However, I was reading their info on the low sulphur (10ppm) which isn't available in Sydney yet and the regular 50ppm. Seems low S should replace current deisel when it is available and is generally better all round.
              Does it make much difference in B20 / B30 / B50 blends?

Tygar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygar View Post
                Ok, so the Biodiesel station are the ones to use.
                Who is their supplier of dino diesel for the blends? Do they use new low sulphur diesel (10ppm)?
                I've recieved a BP fuel card for my car (lease) but that doesn't force me to use BP.
                However, I was reading their info on the low sulphur (10ppm) which isn't available in Sydney yet and the regular 50ppm. Seems low S should replace current deisel when it is available and is generally better all round.
                Does it make much difference in B20 / B30 / B50 blends?

Tygar.
                Ring them and ask!

Comment

Working...
                X