It's hdj80's fault.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hdj80's fault.....

......... that Canberra is running out of WVO.

Hi all, I'm Pete and I've been hanging out with hdj80 for way too long. He keeps giving me a little bio when he has some to spare and he keeps telling me how good the stuff is. Don't tell him I said this but it's true, bio is great for the truck and the environment.

I've been helping hdj80 when he's been low on WVO as I have a supply that's kept under lock and key 24/7 and is patrolled by armed security guards. I keep telling him I'm going to go into production but like many others I keep putting it off. I've finally taken the plunge and I've started collecting the parts needed to build my own processer and a place to set it all up. The fact that I now have another supplier is also a factor. A couple of the south side guys are already reaping the benifits of the new suppier.

Anyway, I have a lot to lean and my goal is to be producing my first bach by late September. I have a good teacher in hdj80 as I've watch over the past couple of years as he's refined his processes.

Hope to catch up with you guys some time.
    Maverick
    Canberra

Re: It's hdj80's fault.....

Welcome to the forum and get greasy. Why wait till Sept, you can make mini batches in a 2 litre cool drink bottle than scale up to a 25 litre chem. drum, even before your processor is ready.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

maverick_sr71
      Are you the guy who gave Pete the 2 x 44's of WVO? If you are then thanks, they are sitting in my driveway.
      We must catch up. I'd love to check out the new processor.
      Chris
      96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
      93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
      90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
      Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes Jasper, those two needed a good home so you got them. Making another pick up on Friday, I should get the same again. I have to pull my finger out and build my plant. Lucky I have a 1000ltr tank out the back to start storing it in. I'd be keen to check your plant out as Pete's is the only one I've seen to date.
        Maverick
        Canberra

Comment

OK I have finally found a spot for question that has long bothered me. I came across an old water heater that had a 8500w heater. I kid you not. So it would be rated at 35 amp (36 to be precise). So would it be practile or allowable to run it on a 40 Amp fuse. Is that even enough? 45?

My wifes kiln runs on a 36amp fuse I think. Couldn't run the two at the same time. The pole on the street has 50-55 amp. Is that right?

If not is there a way of reducing it? Say to 3500w? Can I removed the coils and use them as spares?

Cheers
          Joe Morgan
          Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
          http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
          SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_sr71 View Post
            Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes Jasper, those two needed a good home so you got them. Making another pick up on Friday, I should get the same again. I have to pull my finger out and build my plant. Lucky I have a 1000ltr tank out the back to start storing it in. I'd be keen to check your plant out as Pete's is the only one I've seen to date.
            Mav,
            Like my avatar think I stole her from your old site awhile ago?
            Anyway I just had a great Idea. In summer us ACT Bio dudes should all do a B100 trip into the Brindies, Jasper runs a HDJ80, Chev28 has a Landie and as long as he has a snatch strap he can come along and with your HZJ80 (don't know of others) should make for a great day out. We could even consider inviting some NSW Bio guy's ....???? not sure on that one ????? Just something to think about. It would be a tread lightly trip and could be named just that "B100 Thread lightly ACT"
            HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
            Canberra

Comment

You know as well as I do Pete that I don't need an excuse to go out for a drive in the Brindies.

As for dragging along a Landie.....mmmmmmm, we'll hit up some of the local wreckers for spare parts before we go. On second thoughts, you drive behind the Landie and collect the bits that fall off.
              Maverick
              Canberra

Comment

Bummer......

The new supply of WVO I had has reverted back to the guy who was picking it up before. Apparently a mix up between him and the fish and chip shop owner.

Now I have to keep looking for another supplier.
                Maverick
                Canberra

Comment

Working...
                X