patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patrol

hi i am new here and i must say i like all the information so i,m hopeing someone can help me out i own a 2001 turbo diesel patrol 3ltr
    and i am looking at changing to biodesel but what would i have to chang on my 4wd to make this happen
    thanks danny

Re: patrol

Welcome to the forum.

You will need to change nothing. But you will need to add a simple inline filter in between your current filter and fuel tank on the fuel line. You may have some deposits in your fuel tank that may make their way forward and this filter can be easily and cheeply replaced.

Joe
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

thank you
      danny

Comment

Welcome to the BioDiesel Experience, danny.

That extra filter , us likely to gum up, only once, as the biodiesel CLEANS OUT your fuel tank and fuel lines. However, seeing as your car is a 2001 model, there may not be too much residue. I had no problems with my 1991 Landcruiser, whatsoever, when I first started using Biodiesel, back in 2001.

The bonuses are worth the change though, as Biodiesel is better for:

Your car, as Synthetic Oil is, as opposed to Mineral Oil

Your World, as Recycling is, for obvious environmental reason.

Your Pocket, in a dollar value too.

And, Your Nostrils;

As your exhaust will smell like a Barbeque (and not a truck) Bonus !

Comment

My Patrol is a 1989 4.2 diesel with over 500,000km on the clock. Is it suitable for biodiesel?
          George

Comment

George - yes it will run biodiesel, but take the usual precautions for an older car. You will probably also have problems running normal diesel now with your hoses and seals needing to be replaced with synthetics. Same issue with biodiesel. Read this thread here on this issue and educate yourself in here - there's heaps of information if you browse/search.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
            X