Oil thinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil thinner

So there we were chatting in a coffee shop at 10pm about alternative fuels (as ya do!) when we came upon the idea of thinning WVO without having to go through the process of removing the glycerine in the usual way or even needing to heat it. What we were thinking was, there must be a way of adding an enzyme I suppose that simply thins or loosens the bonds of straight vege oil.

Now I can hear you saying, "if there was a simpler way we'd be doing it" but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. You never know, maybe there's a chemist amongst us that has a little "outside the box" thought.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Oil thinner

i run wvo mixed with kero (to thin it) throw it in the tank and away i go no dramas its a 20 yr old car so if it buggers up i aint worried i ,ll get another one
    started on bio now on blends next a svo conversion 1986 toyota 4runner

Comment

Has anyone tried different ratios of SVO/Diesel to see which is a good ratio that requires no mods to your car?
      I guess different types of oil would require different ratios as would summer/winter.
      Cheers
      Maxwell

Comment

Hello everyone

Using "Thinners" is refered to as "Blending" on the Infopop SVO Forum and has been extensively researched.

If you would prefer not to re-invent the wheel (and all the grief associated), I suggest you settle down with a cup of coffee and do a search there using the word Blending or blend

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell
          Has anyone tried different ratios of SVO/Diesel to see which is a good ratio that requires no mods to your car?
          Hi Maxwell,

Not quite what you are looking for but it gives the difference in viscosity at different temperatures between 100% sunflower oil and a 50-50 mix of sunflower oil and diesel: http://www.s-i-e.nl/ppo/ppopeusbesta...s%202-8-05.jpg

Translations:
          PPO = SVO
          zonnebloemolie = sunflower oil
          raapolie = canola oil
          frituurolie = frying oil

Comment

Working...
          X