Wiring solenoid valves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring solenoid valves.

I've about finished converting my hilux dualcab to run on Wvo, I've used a 6way pollak fuel valve along with a 3 way mechanical valve to allow oil whilst heating to loop back to tank before switching over. Can anyone in the know, tell me how to wire in the 3way valve to either the pollak six way connectors or via connection to the main switch in dash for the pollak, the three way valve is self grounded with a power lead, just need to know how to connect it, thanks ...

Re: Wiring solenoid valves.

The pollak valve is activated or changed by changing the polarity on two wires (if electricty flows one way, so will the oil. If you change the direction of the electricity, making the -ve one +ve and vice versa the oil will flow to the opposite outlet. (this is similar to how electric windows work)

The return solenoid/ three way valve sounds as if it allows oil to flow through to one port if it is "energised" (by having it turned on) and oil flows to the other port if it is turned off, or has no electricty flowing to it. (this is similar to how a light works)

If you wish to get the return solenoid to turn on only if the pollack is in the "biodiesel" mode you need to connect the power wire for the solenoid to the wire that is +ve when the pollack valve is in diesel mode. You can check this with a test lamp to work it out.

I have wired a fuel pump only to work when the pollak valve is in diesel mode.

If I have mis understood your question lets know.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

SCA (South Coast Aus)
      Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people here who are willing to help you. This is why I asked you to pose the question here. I was looking for your post, but Chris beat me to it.
      Chris' answer is correct, but I think that you wanted the valve to operate when the vegoil is heating up (perhaps to preheat the fuel filter for the vegoil).
      Find the wire to the Pollak which has +12V on it when on diesel, and use it to operate the 3 port solenoid valve, allowing the vegoil to circulate back to the fuel tank, when diesel is in use. Use the ports which are connected when the solenoid is de-energised to allow fuel to flow to the Pollak valve, and the other port to flow the vegoil to the tank. In this way, the solenoid will be off when in normal operation.
      What vehicle do you have?
      What fuel pump are you using to pump the vegoil? It will need to be operating whenever the engine is running, whether on diesel or vegoil.
      Tony From West Oz
      Vice Chairperson of WARFA
      Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 21 May 2006, 11:09 PM.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Chris and Tony, I'll apply what you've told me, and find the right side of the switch. I've got aqw 2l diesel motor in a 84 TOyota hilux, 40litre stainless steel wvo tank, a davco 234 with added electric heater, plus strapped onto the chasis a this engine oil cooler out of a ford american cop car, that runs coolant through it as an additional heat source, the fuel pump aint anything special out of a fairlane I was wrecking. I have a switch on the dash to switch it on or off as well for electic heater on Davco, just incase battery was low and try to start up. Thanks for the attention you've given to my query, good on yous Steve.

Comment

Working...
        X