Melbourne meet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne meet???

Howdy. Is the Melbourne group still meeting?? If so when/where etc. Ceres??? Thanx in advance

Re: Melbourne meet???

Yep , I wanna have another meeting soon. I'm thinking of having an informal social meet at CERES, but need to give everyone time to get the info and come,. wanna suggest a date?? Also we need time to run it past CERES if we need to hire the environment room behind the fire circle, for talks and discussion. I'm thinking a saturday at the fire circle, It could coincide with the usual Saturday Markets, and we could also make it a swap meet come joint market stall of components and vessels. I have about 5 good centrifugal pumps i have scrounged from a washing machine graveyard, that i would like to pass on to others, for a small return for my efforts and awareness.
    We could have a sausage sizzle and beers fund raiser, and i could do a test reaction, show and tell, Titration workshop, with my Hoovermatic,
    It would be good also for newby's to meet others to form there own little chorums in there local areas, Talk about making a collective suck trailer, and for people to club together into Meth buying collectives ETC, ETC. Maybe we could get someone from ATA to talk about the recent " level playing field excise issues" now being bandied around the senate, and being fought by the democrats.
    Suggest a date, and i'll run it past CERES. then we'll post a notice. We need atleast four weeks notice.
    Cheers for the keen interest, otherwise i just assume nobody's interested. There are now over 50 registerd members of the melbournebiodiesel site, but your the first to get pushy. Well done.
    Cheers Darren.

Comment

G'day Darren,

I'm interested in a meetup too. I'll be overseas until the 23rd July though. If anyone is interested, I have a few litres of oil I need to get rid of while I'm away as I cannot store it. I've listed this in another thread.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

How about weekend 29th or 30th July by popular demand, allowing for jetlag?
        Kate

Comment

count me in for a mee&greet any weekend end is fine by me , thats if im not up the hills camping and playing mister 4wd

Comment

Foul Chick,

you read my mind. The 29th or 30th would be great. Gee they could certainly do with some more biodiesel over here in the US. There are two Hummers permanently parked on the same block I'm staying at!! They are huge. There are about another 20 dodge rams per block too. These people have problems.

Peace to all.

Comment

Hi All ,,
              Ok its a goer.(Saturday the 29th of July) I'll get onto it with CERES to secure the environment room, the building behind the fire circle.
              I'll also get onto drafting up a schedule (agenda? itinerary?) of events and speakers.
              I would like to do a test batch with my " hovermatic" reactor just to show people just what biodiesel and the reaction looks like. (thats one newby's are always keen to see.)
              We could have myself and or Paul Martin doing a titration workshop, and we could titrate some samples from the CERES oil collection Pallecon, some samples from the CERES cafe, (we could cheekily give a report to the CERES cafe of the saturated free fatty acids in their oil) , and anybody else who wants to bring along a sample.
              I will get onto Richard Tye to do a talk about Making soap from Glycerine waste.
              I would like to get Paul Martin to give a talk about " the History of Biodiesel in Australia" .
              And ofcourse we will have stuff to fund raise for the club, and someone from CERES to talk about melbourne biodiesel club becomeing a site group and building a club house , educational reactor on the CERES site.
              Also i would love to have (withoutprejudice) Andy Fischer, the M.D.from SAFF, to speak to all about the exciting push to get Melbourne's first purely biofuels servo.
              Myself and Archi. colleague Paras, and Paralegal law graduate Dan, yesterday on the shortest day of the year (boy were we all rushed) Met with Andy Fischer and Mike from SAFF to talk about this very issue. It seems as soon as SAFF can secure a blending site, its all go for Melbourne's first purely biofuels servo.
              The opportunity is there for all to become retailers of SAFF products, including "bio unleaded 95" a sexy name for E10 to sell to the petrol heads.
              So keep an eye out for dilapidated petrol stations , and more importantly in the short term keep an eye out for an old buttery, margerine factory or similar rendering plant, somewhere near the ring road for Andy to set up a blending plant.
              Cheers all, and lets look forward to a big day on saturday the 29th of July.
              Check club site for updates of further dialogue. Also all the stuff mentioned above on the 14th.
              Darren.
              darren leonadas
              Last edited by darren leonadas; 22 June 2006, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Ok I'll be there. Might learn a thing or two. What time?

Have Fun

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
                  Hi All ,,
                  Ok its a goer.(Saturday the 29th of July) I'll get onto it with CERES to secure the environment room, the building behind the fire circle.
                  I'll also get onto drafting up a schedule (agenda? itinerary?) of events and speakers.
                  I would like to do a test batch with my " hovermatic" reactor just to show people just what biodiesel and the reaction looks like. (thats one newby's are always keen to see.)
                  We could have myself and or Paul Martin doing a titration workshop, and we could titrate some samples from the CERES oil collection Pallecon, some samples from the CERES cafe, (we could cheekily give a report to the CERES cafe of the saturated free fatty acids in their oil) , and anybody else who wants to bring along a sample.
                  I will get onto Richard Tye to do a talk about Making soap from Glycerine waste.
                  I would like to get Paul Martin to give a talk about " the History of Biodiesel in Australia" .
                  And ofcourse we will have stuff to fund raise for the club, and someone from CERES to talk about melbourne biodiesel club becomeing a site group and building a club house , educational reactor on the CERES site.
                  Also i would love to have (withoutprejudice) Andy Fischer, the M.D.from SAFF, to speak to all about the exciting push to get Melbourne's first purely biofuels servo.
                  Myself and Archi. colleague Paras, and Paralegal law graduate Dan, yesterday on the shortest day of the year (boy were we all rushed) Met with Andy Fischer and Mike from SAFF to talk about this very issue. It seems as soon as SAFF can secure a blending site, its all go for Melbourne's first purely biofuels servo.
                  The opportunity is there for all to become retailers of SAFF products, including "bio unleaded 95" a sexy name for E10 to sell to the petrol heads.
                  So keep an eye out for dilapidated petrol stations , and more importantly in the short term keep an eye out for an old buttery, margerine factory or similar rendering plant, somewhere near the ring road for Andy to set up a blending plant.
                  Cheers all, and lets look forward to a big day on saturday the 29th of July.
                  Check club site for updates of further dialogue. Also all the stuff mentioned above on the 14th.
                  Darren.
                  Hi Darren
                  I might have a spot for the SAFF guys for a while Send me a pvt msg with a contact no so I can call you
                  By the way I have some 44 gall drums to give away some are good some are so and so pass it around pick up from Sunshine FREE
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Never give up :)

Comment

Hi Darren
                    Looking forward to meeting you guys and a great day. What time on Saturday??
                    All the best
                    Richard

Comment

The meeting begins with the set up of the Market stall/ trade/swap meet at 9.30 am to be ready for 10am. on Saturday the 29th of July.
                      Thats all so far, that has been confirmed. A more acurate Schedule should be posted soon with all the speakers, topics, discussions, workshops ETC. If anyone has any requests of topics or discussion please feel free to post something or contact me darren@melbournebiodiesel.org
                      Cheers Darren. It should be a big day going untill the late afternoon. Any volunteers who want to run the sausage sizzle , vegi burger, BBQ ???
                      C U There , Darren.
                      darren leonadas
                      Last edited by darren leonadas; 28 June 2006, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hi guys I would love to come and meet you all and chat about BD and other things.Just have to organise a change of shift and I will be there, assuming there is an open invitation to attend. Cheers Kev.

Comment

This informal meet is open to all who want to come along.
                          On the day you may want to join the club.
                          Hi All ,
                          Ok its a goer.(Saturday the 29th of July) Its confirmed the Environment Room, the building behind the fire circle at CERES, is the site of the upcoming MBDC social and informal meeting. All are welcome.
                          The Programme is as follows. Note: times may vary on the day, so be there early if you only wish to visit one item on the programme.
                          1. 9 am. Market stall setup for those wishing to buy, sell, trade or swap reactor components, vessels or plumbing. A shelter and table will be supplied and set up near the fire circle, and hopefully will attract people down the lane from the existing CERES Saturday morning Organic Market. Also pure glycerine soap products will be available, and copies of Paul Martin’s How To Manual. Volunteers will be needed throughout the day to staff the Market stall, so if you’re bringing along something to sell be prepared to spend some time with the bum bag on.
                          2. 10.30 am. Paul Martin public speaking about “The History of Biodiesel in Australia”.
                          3. 11.00 am. Titration workshop with Paul Martin and Darren Coughran. So bring along your WVO samples and learn the science of measuring the Free Fatty Acid content of used cooking oil. This is necessary for the successful reaction of making biodiesel from waste vegetable oils. Paul will be showing people his tried and tested method of titration, while Darren will introduce the cheap and cheerful method of using Turmeric as an indicator solution, and we can all look at the deviations in results. Just for fun we could do a group report for the CERES Organic Café’s deep fry contents.
                          4. 12.00 am. LUNCH, with a vego friendly BBQ, sausage sizzle and fund raiser for the MBDC. Volunteers to man the tongs will be needed on the day so if you’re a control freak or pyromaniac or just have experience wearing the floppy white hat, please put your hands up on the day.
                          5. 1.00 pm. SPECIAL SPEAKER Michael O'Connell President ATA - Alternative Technology Association. Publishers of ReNew and Sanctuary magazines, will be speaking about the issues of parliamentary legislation that affects Biodiesel users and producers: the Excise issues, the "level playing field " oxymoron of Costello’s,, Industry take-up and anything else you may like to talk about. Many of our members, and particularly rural people, really want to know where they stand with excise issues, and feel very much in the dark. There will be time given for questions and answers so be prepared with notes in hand. This section may run over time. How can lobby groups effect change in the Government.????
                          6. 3.00 pm. Why join a Club?? “THE VISION” . Public Speaking and facilitation of dialogue by Darren Coughran about the vision of MBDC and becoming (without prejudice) a site group of CERES. Invited public speakers representing the administration of CERES, and Open Forum. Development of an incorporated body.
                          7. 4.00 pm. Richard Tye Speaks of “How to make pure Glycerin Soap”. Richard will conduct for those interested a hands on workshop of how to make soap, and members of the MBDC will donate Glycerin for soap manufacturing on the day.
                          8. 5.00 pm. Introduction of a special guest from India. A Jatropha Grower may (unconfirmed at this time) publicly speak of the benefits of growing Jatropha on low grade land for virgin vegetable oil feed stock for the biodiesel industry. This gentleman is interested to speak to Victorian rural land managers. Any one with educated arguments against Jatropha are invited to comment.
                          9. 6.00 pm. Social engagement of all and sundry, relight the BBQ and fire circle and let the amber merriment flow.
                          darren leonadas
                          Last edited by darren leonadas; 7 July 2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Would've loved to be there but left my arranging a bit late, I will extract the digit a bit earlier for the next meeting.
                            Really keen to hear about the day's activities.

Comment

Go to www.melbournebiodiesel.org to see pics of J29

Comment

Working...
                              X