filter bags and swiming pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter bags and swiming pools

as i throw chlorine into mt pool i find that i reccon 99 % of what i have to filter to make the pool clear is the powder that carries the chlorine
    now what if instead of just throwing the stuff into the pool i put it into a filter bag and hung it over the side like a tea bag
    Qu. how fine should the bag be and who sells them
    thanks

Re: filter bags and swiming pools

e-mail me your mail address. I will send you a Free short bag to try. See if it works for you.

Regards
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

hi Fitian check messages thanks.
      Dave

Comment

Dagwill,
        I used to have a swimming pool and manually chlorinated the pool.

Instead of putting the chlorine directly into the pool, I put the chlorine in a bucket and poured off the liquid into the skimmer while the filter was working.
        I repeated this process until all of the granules were dissolved.

There was no "powder that carries the chlorine"

I still had to vacuum a lot of white powder from the pool.
        I believe that this is a sodium or potassium salt which is formed when the potassium hypochlorite (or Sodium hypochlorite) breaks down to release the chlorine.

Note, I still have a 15Kg bucket of the chlorine which I use to provide bleach for my wife to use in the laundry.
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

thanks for info Tony
          its that white powder that I seem to be doing battle with.On vacuming some is trapped by the sand filter and some goes straight through,i can walk up to a sparkling clear pool with white powder sediment on the bottom,after vacuming with half going through the filter i cant see the bottom.Then i have to backwash the filter[my main water use] and wait for it to settle and revacume,by then its time to add more chlorine

Comment

Originally posted by dagwill View Post
            thanks for info Tony
            its that white powder that I seem to be doing battle with.On vacuming some is trapped by the sand filter and some goes straight through,i can walk up to a sparkling clear pool with white powder sediment on the bottom,after vacuming with half going through the filter i cant see the bottom.Then i have to backwash the filter[my main water use] and wait for it to settle and revacume,by then its time to add more chlorine
            Hi dagwill,
            You can now buy 'see through' UV stabilised bladders on ebay for really good price for using with backwash function - stores the water until it settles and then you can pump it back into the pool.

I am going to get one myself.

Cheers,
            Cameron

Comment

geat idea thanks, i tryed pumping my backwash into a 200ltr drum i had lying around with a drain tap 75mm above the bottom.two days and i just let the clear water run back into the pool,then get rid of the crud in the bottom,too simple,that will save a heap of water.

Comment

1 can buy liquid chlorine,( hydro-chloric acid, i think but check first) or
                2 add the powder to a used pillow case, cheese cloth or similar
                3 you can buy some filter bags from the pool supply store ( just ask the local pool cleaning guy) and wrap it around the leaf inlet filter , then throw it thru the washing machine
                4 anything else that will work , we're humans with a brain , just have to think a bit about it , and what can go wrong and decide if it worth the risk . a mate tried a air filter from his car , worked fine until the air filter became water logged and fell to pieces

Comment

Originally posted by moonbug View Post
                  1 can buy liquid chlorine,( hydro-chloric acid, i think but check first) or
                  2 add the powder to a used pillow case, cheese cloth or similar
                  3 you can buy some filter bags from the pool supply store ( just ask the local pool cleaning guy) and wrap it around the leaf inlet filter , then throw it thru the washing machine
                  4 anything else that will work , we're humans with a brain , just have to think a bit about it , and what can go wrong and decide if it worth the risk . a mate tried a air filter from his car , worked fine until the air filter became water logged and fell to pieces

i'm pretty sure its not hydrochloric acid.
                  its very common the liquid pool chlorine and i'm sure its called chlorine.
                  Cheers
                  Nick.
                  Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                  sigpic

Comment

total succses at last. thanks cameron for the extra tank idea. But instead of backwashing into the extra tank,i put dry chlorine in there add water,let disolve,crud settles out,next day i add disolved chlorine in CLEAR water to pool.Too simple.I now just run the filter while im actually in the pool,and even that is an overkill.Cloudy water is a thing of the past,and im hardly useing the filter.

Comment

no worries! Sounds like a good solution you have worked out (excuse the pun ...)

Cheers,
                      Cameron

Comment

Keep the dissolved bucket of chlorine out of the sunlight too, it breaks down rapidly in sunlight to become ineffective. Best done around dusk and early morning. Raw chlorine in liquid form comes in black containers for just this reason, it breaks down.

Matt
                        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
                        X