Hino Australia's Position on Biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hino Australia's Position on Biodiesel

This is cut & pasted from some correspondence that one of our members had with Hino Australia and their reply regarding their position on biodiesel. Please note that this response does not necessarily indicate Hino Australia's official viewpoint at the moment, but it did at the time it happened. I would suggest that you make your own enquiries and I would welcome Hino Australia's responses in here.

Now this kind of makes sense, Hino, although not stating it, are passing the buck to the fuel system supplier. It appears that the fuel system manufacturer is the organization that needs to change their outlook. No telling whom they will pass the buck to. Forum Member

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 13 December, 2005 16.12
    To:
    Forum Member
    Subject: Bio Diesel

Forum Member,

Thank you for the information. Further to our discussion today the articles you sent, attached are two papers on the subject from the view point of fuel system manufactures,

Regards
    Hino Australia
    Manager,
    Product & Engineering Support
    Hino Motor Sales Australia Pty Ltd

Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Hino Australia's Position on Biodiesel

I might just point out quickly that all of the points of concern raised about biodiesel in Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Fuels.pdf were referring to potential possibilities for biodiesel not manufactured to standard, or not stored properly.
    None of the points mentioned (free glycerine, methanol, water, fatty acids, acids etc) apply to biodiesel that meets spec (either US, Euro, or Australian) and is stored correctly.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
    X