Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Pajero fuel lines, replacement source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Pajero fuel lines, replacement source?

Hi all, great to find this forum.

I've just put down the deposit on a "new" car and went for a diesel mainly because I want to try biodiesel -- as well as the generally lower fuel consumption.

It's a 1986 Pajero. I'm not sure if it's the NC 2.3TD or ND 2.6TD (haven't picked it up yet!). Has anyone here tried biodiesel in this model or another Mitsubishi of this vintage?

I'm guessing the fuel lines and pump seals will be rubber. If it's not too expensive I'd like to replace them now to avoid problems down the track. Where would I get them though, somewhere like Repco??

thanks in advance

Re: 1986 Pajero fuel lines, replacement source?

Yep I have an 85 2.3 turbo. Run on blends from about B90 down to straight petro diesel. A little harder to start with higehr blends but I have also been using vege oil in blends to about 50%. Any higher and its very hard to start. DUnno about lines but I've been monitoring them they are still firm and flexible. Dont forget your extra filter.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Thanks a lot, good to know!

Comment

Hello Russell,
        The Vast majority of people experience no fuel line or rubber problems when switching to biodiesel.
        Just do an initial inspection of your fuel lines and replace any that are spongy or weeping.
        Then keep an eye on them and replace if/when needed

Tilly

Comment

Working...
        X