First Taste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Taste

Hi all, in the next day or so I'll be heading to my local volumeplus to give my old hilux ('83) it's first taste of biodiesel and I'm very excited about it.
    But first is there anything I need to know before hand
    Ben.

Re: First Taste

I think you'll find every one will jump and say you'll need a sacrificial inline filter before you regular diesel filter and you will also need to consider changing your fuel lines. Not sure about those early 'luxes. You can keep an eye on them and just feel for degredation. Good luck and welcome aboard.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Hello Ben

Where are you buying biodiesel and is it B100 (100% biodiesel)

Yes, The see-through in-line fuel filter sold at Super Cheap Autos for $2 is a good idea to fit in front of the main filter.
      The VAST majority of people experience no problems of any type when switching to biodiesel.
      Inspect all rubber fuel lines on your vehicle and if any seem perished replace them.
      Then just keep an eye on them as occasionally some types of rubber are adversley affected by byodiesel.
      Also people occasionally report filter blocking to begin with so it is a good idea to have a spare fuel filter(s) and the tools available to change them.
      If you are not sure how old your fuel filter is it would be a good idea to change it after 3 or 4 weeks of biodiesel use "Just in case"

Tilly

Comment

Hi Ben, I wasnt aware that biodiesel was available your way (Northern Beaches - Sydney). Which VolumePlus? Thanks, Paul

Comment

Working...
        X