Newcastle KOH.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle KOH.

A place to get KOH in Rutherford is LAFFORT 119 Racecourse Rd. You can get 25kg bags of 90% for $49.50.

Re: Newcastle KOH.

Graham
    Thanks for the info. Bought some there yesterday, half the price I was paying at Custom Chemicals. The staff were great to deal with as well.
    Do you know of a methanol supplier in that area, I'm still using Lowes at Cardiff, so a supplier around Maitland would be good.
    Thanks
    bj4408

Comment

Good to hear that. They said that they may not stock it if there was not enough interest as they get it by the container load. As for the methanol I still go to Cardiff as well. It is time to do the sums on whether to recover or make my own methanol. It is easy to make and as we live in a wine area there is plenty of spoiled wine around for free which is the main feedstock.
      Cheers Graham

Comment

I was at Laffort in late September and they no longer kept KOH. Had to go to Custom Chemicals and paid $105 a bag. With the cost of methanol at Lowes so high as well, we need some new suppliers in the Hunter area for a bit of competition.
        Does anyone know of any other suppliers?

regards
        bj4408

Comment

Try Hodge Petroleum at Cardiff for methanol, I have not heard of Lowes at Cardiff, where are they? I can't find them in the white pages. As for KOH try scientific instruments they told me their KOH was 100%.

Peter<><

Comment

Hello All.
            Lowes bought Hodge except for the methanol side of the business. They are both at the Cardiff service station. Thats a bomber about the K.O.H. at Lafort but the people there said they may not stock it if there was not enough demand. They tried to market it to wine makers but it was to expensive for them. The scientific place was 3 times Custom Chemicals last time I checked. Thats near Garden City and 4X4 wreckers. However a good place to get glassware and hydrometer.
            Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X