Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Forum Member heading to Tas in Nov

Hi Guys,
    I am heading down to Tassie to do a bit of exploring with the wife and bub for a month in November.

I will be leaving Sydney with a full (long range) tank of Biodiesel and will endeavour to catch up with the crew in Melbourne for a tankfull if I have time before I load the landie and the camper onto the ferry.

If I can't catch up with some bio in Melbourne is there anywhere or anyone who might be able to help me out and catch up for a beer or a coffee or what ever while I am down there?

Would love to catch up with any forum people regardless to say Hi and touch base.

If you want to keep a low profile then you are welcome to private message me through the forum.

Cheers,
    Cameron

Re: Sydney Forum Member heading to Tas in Nov

Hi Cameron,

Sorry I can't help you with any Biodiesel, I'm running on UCO, but it would be good to catch up for a beer while you are down this way.
    Be careful on the ferry - I don't think they will allow any jerry cans of fuel to be carried. They will want them emptied & filled with water whilst on the boat. Check up on this if you intending to bring over some Biodiesel this way.
    Hear from you closer to the time.

Cheers.
    MQ Patrol - WVO since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ute
      Hi Cameron,

Sorry I can't help you with any Biodiesel, I'm running on UCO, but it would be good to catch up for a beer while you are down this way.
      Be careful on the ferry - I don't think they will allow any jerry cans of fuel to be carried. They will want them emptied & filled with water whilst on the boat. Check up on this if you intending to bring over some Biodiesel this way.

Cheers.
      Thanks for the heads up re the ferry Mr Ute. I had seen that in the guide books too - annoying but not a problem for me as I wasn't going to bring any. I have a long range tank and let's face it - Tassie isn't that big!

Darren from Melbourne said he can help me out with some biodiesel on my way through to the ferry. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for some good fuel from the Tassie crew too.

Whereabouts are you? North, south, east or west?

Cheers,
      Cameron

Comment

I'm located in Hobart.
        Hopefully someone can help with the good fuel whilst you are here.
        MQ Patrol - WVO since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ute
          I'm located in Hobart.
          Hopefully someone can help with the good fuel whilst you are here.
          Thanks Mr Ute - will definititely try to catch up. Will send you a pm.

Hopefully someone here on the forum can let me know and get in touch either on line or by sending me a private mail through that function provided as provided ...

Cheers,
          Cameron

Comment

As a matter of interest I am also going to Tassie in November and have a Mazda T3000 motorhome running on Bio so after seeing this post I contacted and have been informed by Spirit of Tasmania that the carriage of Vegetable Oil is OK (I have an email to this affect) and that when booking to notify them of my intention to carry this so they can notify security etc. that it is permissable.If any one in Tassie has B100 available reasonably priced I would be interested.
            Contact me by PM if you wish.
            Regards Dennis

Comment

Hey Dennis,
              Any luck finding some bio in Tas going at a good price?

Where are you headed to - perhaps we might cross paths? I am headed down at the end of this coming week ...

... yahoo!

Cheers,
              Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ute View Post
                Hi Cameron,

Sorry I can't help you with any Biodiesel, I'm running on UCO, but it would be good to catch up for a beer while you are down this way. ...

Cheers.
                Hey Mr Ute,
                OK it is getting pretty close now - will you be near to Hobart around 13 or 14 of Nov?

Cheers,
                Cameron

Comment

Hi all
                  Just to make it widely known I don't think I have said it before any way B100 is also available from us in 20 L plastic pails or "Carboys"
                  We would like them back when empty, so they can be refilled, but for travellers to Tassie or anywhere else for that matter an assurance of their recycycling would suffice
                  I am not so sure what is a good price or a bad price in so far as B100 is concerned
                  I would have thought price to be a secondary consideration
                  The price from us, that is from our commercial activities is $1.25 L in returnable containers or in bulk
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Never give up :)

Comment

Hi Chris,
                    I will definitely be up for some and will contact you directly.

I will travel to Melbourne on Sydney biodiesel, travel around Tasmania on Melbourne biodiesel and then hopefully get some more from you to get me back to my local brew in Sydney.

Biodiesel and solar panel power - a great way to have an eco holiday!

Cheers,
                    Cameron

Comment

Working...
                    X