Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello All.......Wow I;m not alone....Parts !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All.......Wow I;m not alone....Parts !!

Hi All....
    Been looking for a couple of weeks for bio diesel parts...and was beggining I was all alone with this venture ... then I found you lot.....just what I have been looking for..... Other peps who have been there, seen it and got the T shirt....
    HELLO ALL....

Right then.. wher to start....Started to do the biodiesel process a few years ago but then stopped because of moving half way round the world. So 'sort off' know the process but what I need know is all the bits and bobs.
    Have been lloking for suppliers of the conicle tanks but cant seem to find any... Any where I can get them local'ish to the Gold Coast or Brisbane..plus a tonne of other bits as well. like the piping, tubing , which should nt be a problem getting....
    Or if anybody has a spare complete setup in there back pocket

Anyway.... Now I've found you all. lurking here. I expect I'll be posting away, to my hearts content....
    Cheers Dave

Re: Hello All.......Wow I;m not alone....Parts !!

Welcome to the forum. It is refreshing to see new people with their enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, I doubt that I can help you because I am in WA and do not know the SE QLD suppliers and manufacturers. There will be input soon from people in your area.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
      It is refreshing to see new people with their enthusiasm.
      We'll knock that out of him.

I got all my piping bits and valves from Reece. I got a 200 litre an hours pump from ebay and made my own vessel. I had a welder roll and weld the cone. But I marked and cut it out.

Cost was 100 there. You might get away with 200 if they cut, roll and weld the lot.

You can get plumbing diagrams from biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/.

Good luck and let us know how you gwt along.
      Joe Morgan
      Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
      http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
      SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Welcome! Where did you move to Oz from?

You can buy cone bottom poly tanks, but if you want a steel one based on a 44 you'll have to get it fabbed up.

Alternatively you can do what I have done (and many others) and use an old hot water tank as per the "Appleseed" design (look it up!). It has a few advantages e.g. insualtion, built in threaded inlets/outlets (no fab required), built in heating element/thermostat. And you can usually pick one up for free from a plumbers (ask them for one that doesn't leak, as most of them do!)

The main disadvantages are that it doesn't have a cone bottom (unless you turn it upside down) and you can't see inside it. But I haven't had any problem with mine in over a year and it makes great biodiesel.
        Sean

Comment

hows things working for you do you nesd some one to help you ,if so get hold of me im in the gold coast
          ricky

Comment

Working...
          X