New LandCruiser what do you think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LandCruiser what do you think??

This is the 76 series gxl wagen. Its a weapon hey. a truly aussie inspired bush bus. love it.
    The 32-valve V8 puts out a not too shabby 151kW at 3400rpm and peak torque of 430Nm at 1200rpm. Pulling and climbing are what this vehicle does best! new 4.5 litre V8 turbo-diesel, single turbo the 200 series gets twin.

So come on what do you guys think of it?? It hits the spot for me. Tough with comfort. Oldschool with bling and finally Toyota with power.__________________
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
    sigpic

Re: New LandCruiser what do you think??

I love the engine. Shame about the headlights and grill. From the front wheels back it looks like a GQ patrol. Dunno, I think they've slipped a bit.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

I have never been a big fan of the 70 x series! What with the twisty little knobs on the 1980’s dash, bolt upright seating and harsh ride just to name a few. I could never work out why people would buy them considering they have always been only slightly cheaper than the luxury 80 or 100 series. But I’m coming around! Its about time Toyota has come some way to answering the needs of Aussies although I would think the type of buyer looking at these would prefer the 195kw 650 Nm twin turbo and leave the single turbo for the mums dropping the kids at school in their 200 series.

How can Toyota sell these ($57,990) for less than a skinny wheeled, rubber floored hollow as a drum Troopie??? ($59,390)
      Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series Australia: New Car Range, Details & Price: 4WD LandCruiser 70 Series

Not a bad looking tough truck with a great donk but I reckon a good low km 80 series GXL TD would be a better buy at 1/4 to 1/3 the price. Im currently on my second 80 series and I still think they can not be beaten as an all rounder for comfort, handling, power, reliability and just good looks. It has twin tanks, (great for bio in winter) AC, 8 seats, split middle seats and pleanty more over the 70GXL.

Toyota could go one better and give us Ute driving Aussies families who like our Diesels this............
      2008 Toyota Tundra Truck
      but stick that sweet twin turbo diesel in it.
      Now that would be a nice truck!

Chris
      96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
      93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
      90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
      Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

I think whoever designed that dashboard had a new ruler and setsquare he was itching to try out....
        Yeah, OK so my sahara has 450,000 ks on the clock, (and a rebuilt engine the last owner did at about 300,000 ks) but it cost me $15,000. Same diff lock button, similar suspension, (live axles etc) but the new one just lacks the extras a sahara has. (centre console fridge would be the one I most miss)

I think a high mileage 80 series could be preferable, and save the $43,000 for repairs.

Mind you if one was given to me.......
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I agree with the Captain, "Arrrg"

It's like someone dancing at a club using the robot moves, if they used to go clubbing in the 80s then fair enough, but for teenibopper to do it would be laughable.

I know these 4-door models have been around overseas and we just never got them in Australia, and I assume we are seeing them now since a portion of the Landcruiser owners still like the tough 80 series and saw the 100 series as a bit of a city car. Now the 200 series is a city car and is aimed at those who want people to know they are driving a new car "see it looks different". Toyota also need to appeal to the people wanting a tough truck and can't take steps backwards in that 80/100/200 series so the 70 series development is coming forward to fill the gap.

I doubt the mining site operators are too pleased having everyone driving a 151kW 4WD around the sites.

If I had to buy a new full size 4WD (with 4 doors) it might be worth considering, but a second hand 80 is a much better option and the $$s can be spent on other things.

My friend met up with some guys in a rented V8 diesel 70 series with single turbo and his modified 1990 80 series with the 1HDT. After chatting for a while they decided to have a race and the 70 series was no quicker. Keep in mind the 80 series has an auto transmission and the manuals are much faster.

If you buy one because of the V8 diesel power and plan to leave it standard, then you didn't do your homework since a 100 series turbo diesel with chip and intercooler will be quicker. On the other hand, if the V8 is going to get the chip and other mods then that would be special.
          Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series 1990 VX Ltd - 12HT powered- diesel for run-in period (no longer 1HDT).
          190L vege oil LR tank and 90L diesel, Vormax, 30 plate FPHE, two automated 3-way ball valves with delay to prevent mixing on purge.

Comment

Working...
          X