KOH Supplies Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOH Supplies Perth

Where is a good outlet in Perth to buy KOH?

Re: KOH Supplies Perth

Originally posted by theratt
    Where is a good outlet in Perth to buy KOH?
    Hi there
    A good swiming pool supply shop should be able to sell you some as well as a Ph meter and phos acid if you are looking for it
    Check around for prices as well as purity they seem to vary quite a lot
    Cheers
    Chris
    Cheers
    Chris
    Never give up :)

Comment

Check out the chemical suppliers in the yellow pages. I get mine from a mob in Kewdale, I think they are called daly chemicals. Call around and find someone who will sell to you.

Comment

Here are some who supply KOH
        Challenge Chemicals
        6 Butcher St, Kwinana
        Ph: 08 9419 5577

Jostek
        10 Ferguson St, Kewdale WA 6105
        ph: (08) 9353 5133fax: (08) 9353 5233
        www.jostek.com.au

Sigma Chemicals - Balcatta
        228 Balcatta Rd Balcatta WA 6021
        ph: (08) 9345 2233

Sigma Chemicals - Willeton
        4 Yampi Way Willetton WA 6155
        ph: (08) 9457 6977

There are others.
        WARFA members can take advantage of pallet load bulk purchases to lower costs even further.
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Hi there
            A good swiming pool supply shop should be able to sell you some as well as a Ph meter and phos acid if you are looking for it
            Check around for prices as well as purity they seem to vary quite a lot
            Cheers
            Chris
            what brand name or product do you ask for in a pool shop? what is it used for? (in pools)

Comment

Hi
              Have a look at some post's before Tony has posted a few addresses in WA
              Koh is used to adjust pH in pool water The test kit is to check it out, the alkalinity of the water, Phos acid is used to adjust it up or down, on the pH scale as well as clean the water lines from organic matter build up NaOh is also available from them as well Don't worry about the brands Just look at the purity level it will say as an example 86% for Koh common ( but some is over 90 ) The price normally reflects purity
              Cheers
              Chris

Comment

yes i see those addresses but i dont want buy 25kgs, just a small quantity as i have been told it is better for the frytol i have. naoh just doesnt seem to react properly with it.
                is that what you ask for, koh or is there a generic name for it? often in these shops you get served by some pimply faced halfwit who only knows what is on the label, in very big single sylabyl words.

also i am not in perth, but geraldton

Comment

Hey Spud
                  Why dont you go to the local hardware store or plumbing supplies and get yourself a tin of "Draino" it is Koh
                  Check the purity on the can and adjust your titration to suit
                  I would suggest about 85%
                  Altrenative would be the local chrome plating shop if you have one of them they should be able to help
                  The local swiming pool suprevisor may also be able to help you out
                  Cheers
                  Chris

Comment

isnt Draino NaoH, not Koh?
                    i have some used frytol, which after many trials using dr pepper, i cant get more than about 20% conversion. I was told by a couple of people on these forums that koh will give a much better conversion. but though everyone seems to say its easy to get hold of, no one seems to have a brandname for small quantities. <25kg to experiment with.

Comment

Spud,
                      Perhaops you should come along to a WARFA meeting and ask a member to share his supply of KOH. the next meeting is in 3/12/06. You could check out the Calendar on this forum or call me on 0428 920 881 for details.
                      Tony
                      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Cheers Tony, I would love to come along, but unfortunately I live in Geraldton!
                        I have had no trouble at all with other oils etc but the frytol just doesnt seem to convert properly. Have been on here many times over the last 3 months with photos etc but the only suggestion I havent been able to try is that someone said KOH will convert it much better than NaoH. Cant seem to get hold of any. Its a bit frustrating as on the forums (here and others) I am told it is easy to get hold of but no-one seems to be able to give me a brand name or generic name, or even what it is used for other than this.

I have replaced my methanol, my NaoH, heated frytol to over 120 deg to clear water, done many titrations, but also tried the full range mixtures with the methoxide in case my titrations are wrong. All with a similar result. Immediate heavy thickening of the mixture when methoxide is added. after 2 or 3 shakes even. Temp is around 50 degrees. After a few days there will be about 20% bio on top and various other crap.

Comment

Redox chemicals stock caustic potash (KOH) in 25 kg bags.

Cheers

Comment

Bioworks 16 Hines Rd O'Connor, 9337 9799 25kg bags.

Comment

Try Agent Sales. They are a chemical supplier in Welshpool. If you are using KOH it's a good idea to keep it in a dry airtight environment, as carbon dioxide reacts with it to form potassium carbonate.
                              Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                              X