Quality Affordable Mercedes Direct Air Intake Kit 617

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Affordable Mercedes Direct Air Intake Kit 617

I now have a great direct air intake kit available for the 617 81-85 diesel. This kit completely removes the huge oem airbox with the constricted intake elbow into the turbo. With this kit you can really hear the spooling of the turbo and it makes the engine sound more throaty. It really allows the turbo to finally breath. This is the best upgrade to my car that I have have done since veggie. The intake parts to this kit are a 3 inch aluminum chromed intake tube with a 3 to 2.5 high temp rubber reducer with a K&N style air filter that is cleanable. The engine vent gas/oil separator (oil breather) unit is an all metal tig welded high quality design that is indestructable. Take a look below. Basically it allows the engine to vent properly and let oil blowby to drain back to the oil pan.
    I'll have a instructional dvd to help you install this which takes about 35 minutes and I am selling this complete kit for $145.00 shipped in the U.S. I encourage you to compare this kit to anything else similar for the price.
    Email any questions to jonthecarguy@comcast.net
    <br>
    Here is my 84 running on veg with the intake kit
    [youtube]eFZolVNszqI[/youtube]
    jonthecarguy
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by jonthecarguy; 7 June 2008, 11:53 PM. Reason: new video

Re: Quality Affordable Mercedes Direct Air Intake Kit 617

Joh,
    The OM617.952 engine was not imported into Australia by MB and only a few privately imported examples are here, so these parts are of little interest to Australian Forum members. These parts may be of interest to some members who reside in North America.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Jon,
      Yeah what tony said.
      Just a thought mate. If you get some secondhand exhaust and inlet manifolds for turbo 300D i'm sure they would sell well here. I for one would be keen if the price is right.
      Cheers Mate.
      Cheers
      Nick.
      Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
      sigpic

Comment

How bout I make an aussie version for you mates. What mercedes diesel do you guys drive.

-jon

Comment

The standard OM617.912, naturally aspirated diesel does not have a problem sucking enough air thru the extremely effective paper air filter, as specified by Mercedes Banz, to provide adequate power in a well maintained 300D.

I doubt that a K&N or any other foam filter would be able to compete, for particle removal and pressure differential, against the stock air cleaner. I would be prepared to look at any reputable (ie, non-manufacturer sponsored test laboratory) testing of the air cleaner you are offering.
          Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I always like to let my car speak for itself in regards to this kit.

Check out this link.

YouTube - 84 Mercedes 300d 0-60 time on veggie
            [youtubevid]eFZolVNszqI[/youtubevid]

Comment

Your 300D will perform much better if you install the star on the bonnet.
              Fitian
              <><

Comment

Working...
              X