Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Materials Locator

Greetings All,

I travel a bit for work and quite often see stashes of WVO laying around that are quite sizeable. I think it might be a good idea to have a spot to post locations if we spot things like this. Might be handy if someone is travelling through an area, or it may help a member secure a reliable supply.
    Any one have any thoughts?
    Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Re: Raw Materials Locator

i think it's a brilliant idea adam. Just as long as people don't depend on getting the oil to continue there journey as sources can dry up.
    I like the idea.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in Adelaide looking to secure a supply of oil. I have looked into purchasing from professional collectors but they want $1 a litre, filtered and dewatered, seems a bit rich!
      Regards,
      Richard

99 Hilux

Comment

same here in Shepparton Vic. not quiet $1.00 but------- what is the cut off point ??

Comment

Were you thinking like a google map thing as the current biodiesel locator is?
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

I was sort of thinking along the lines of a sticky in one of the sub groups. Having said that it would need (in my opinion anyway) to be kept reasonably up to date, which I see as being the responsibility of those that post here (yourself and the moderators have enough on your plate already). So maybe a google map might be easier to maintain.
            My main thought was to try and help those that may be having trouble securing supplies, so I guess it doesnt matter what form it takes. I travel extensively throughout Australia for work and quite frequently see massive (sometimes several thousand litres) stockpiles sitting out the back of restaurants, roadhouses and all other types of places that cook food in all sorts of places of around Australia.
            If theres anything I can do to help let me know.
            Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Comment

A friend of mine who works in landscaping for the big mine sites in Q/L went to the bother of making up sites at some of the kitchens in these places --1000l storages and has just found out someone has been pumping out the big plastic holders he put in --- i wouldn't want to be the guy when he catches up with him lol

Comment

Hello all, just new to this site, and looking at the possibility of similar location advice for collection points for everyones crude glycerin waste, so it can be disposed/refined/recycled in an enviro friendly manner. didnt mean to crash your thread, started my own 'waste glycerol wanted', but not getting much response

Comment

People have enough trouble with fuel being stolen or accidently taken without someone acting as a spotter.
                  Cheers Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    People have enough trouble with fuel being stolen or accidently taken without someone acting as a spotter.
                    Cheers Graham
                    That is a good point Graham, however something like this may still be a great idea.
                    For example if a Bio or WVO person had a heap of oil that they wanted to pass on to someone in their area they could put up a post.
                    If they have a collection that they wanted to pass up as they are getting plenty or just need a collection taken over for a while whilst on holidays etc.
                    And as mentioned before if someone spots a heap of oil piling up behind a shop then it is more than likely that that supply is not being collected by a bio/WVO person.
                    As mentioned above, a "Resources" sticky in the "Local community area" would be easy as interested people could subscribe to the thread and just get and email when someone puts up a post.

Cheers, Chris
                    96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
                    93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
                    90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
                    Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Working...
                    X