Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone making biodiesel in South West Victoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone making biodiesel in South West Victoria?

Im looking to have a go at making up some biodiesel out of WVO (if I can get it at a reasonable price)

I would like to speak to someone who is already making it to get some ideas to get me started

im located in Warrnambool

Re: Anyone making biodiesel in South West Victoria?

Always start this endeavor by finding a reliable supply of WVO. Dont even think of building or paying for a plant until you know you can get at least 200 litres a month. So start knocking on the doors of all the restaurants, fast food outlets and fish shops you see.
    Be prepared for the fact that chemicals such as Methanol and KoH can only be bought in bulk, ie minimum order of 200 litres (44 gallon drum) of meth, 20 kg bag of KoH. This is enough to react one tonne of biodiesel.
    Good luck, AND OH yeah read all you can on this forum on OH&S.

Comment

Re: Anyone making biodiesel in South West Victoria?

Hi I am in the south east of SA, I am using SVO, but know one person here doing biodiesel. If you are keen for a trip (and I know, yes after you get going on used oil) I am happy to show what I do, and possibly tee up with the other guy too.
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
      X