Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodiesel Workshop Classes

To all that are interested in the art of making biodiesel
    It seems that the University of Western Australia is planing to run classes in Melbourne some time in October at CERES
    This link will get you to the site for all relevant details
    http://www.sustainability.ofm.uwa.ed...come/biodiesel
    Cheers
    Chris
    Cheers
    Chris
    Never give up :)

Re: Biodiesel Workshop Classes

You should chuck an event in the calendar when you get a date/time confirmed.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Robert
      You can give a man a fish and he will eat for a day You can teach him how to fish and he will keep himself in food for a long time
      Now if he does not want to learn how to fish that is fine then it is up to you as to wether to keep on supplies of fish to the man or let him go hungry
      We don't want to do that do we? Well I do not
      Now since you are the administrator could you please shift that where every one can see it I am not very computer literate and I have already made two post's on this article
      Cheers
      Chris
      Cheers
      Chris

Comment

I thought if you taught a man to fish he sat in a boat and drank beer all day.

Seriously this is a great course and recommend it (I did an Adelaide one)
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna
          I thought if you taught a man to fish he sat in a boat and drank beer all day.

Seriously this is a great course and recommend it (I did an Adelaide one)
          Mate
          The guy that tought me to fish did not teach me about the beer bit Obviously I need further lessons, from you of course
          Are the teaching aid's for free? If so can I book some lessons with you mate please
          Good to have your feedback as I have no idea if it was good or otherwise
          Cheers
          Chris
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

I went to the course in melbourne was very good.

Comment

While the Biodiesel workshops are advertised on the UWA site by Jonathon Thwaites, they are NOT the workshops run by Phillip Calais and myself. They do not have the same content and as far as I know do not cover the use of vegetable oil as a diesel fuel.v The content of the Courses run by Phillip and Myself is our intellectual property and cannot be used without our permission.

I have unsuccessfully tried to contact Jonathon, who is a director of "Bioworks", to ask him about these courses and the implications of advertising what may be commercial biodiesel courses under the same heading as the ones we present, as 'not for profit' courses.

As you can imagine, I am somewhat upset at this situation.

Tony Clark
              aka Tony From West Oz.
              Tony From West Oz
              Vice Chairperson of WARFA
              Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 9 July 2006, 03:48 AM.
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Yes i thought it was tony and Phillip , the course they did was very good, i cannot comment on this one, and its the same price and the course schedule looks the same.

Comment

Just to clarify, the workshop at UWA on the 20th August will be presented by Jonathon, Phillip and myself.
                  It is only the workshops in Melbourne, in October, that Phillip and I have no knowledge of, or at this stage, any input to.

As we have not been consulted on this, I can only presume that these are related to Jonathon's Directorship.
                  Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
                  '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                  '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Hi All,
                    Chris-- Phil Calais and Tony of WA, were here (sMelbs) at CERES last year for a great session, and if the're doin' it again that would be great and i can help facilitate, otherwise i hope we aren't getting our email wires crossed?? like one year out of date.
                    On the 29th of July 06, I'll yield Phil Calais' fantastic Turmeric indicator solution at CERES.
                    Cheers Darren.
                    Go on Phil and Tony- do it again!

Comment

Hi All
                      I am confused!!! What is going on? who is doing what? emails and wires crossed !!! We need a clarification from the UWA I think Tony has made his position clear, we are yet to hear from Jonathan, but CERES should be able to throw some light on it on the Melbourne biodiesel day, not long to go
                      Cheers
                      Chris
                      Cheers
                      Chris

Comment

I have left email for Jonathon, but Phillip advised he is in the country for around 2 weeks, so please be patient and I will try to identify what is happening.
                        When this thread was first posted, I was unaware of the proposed Melbourne biodiesel workshops in October. I hesitated in posting until I had been in contact with Jonathon. After after several unsuccessful attempts to contact Jonathon, I decided to post, so that the members of this forum and their contacts did not get the wrong idea.
                        I would like everyone to hold off posting until I get a clarification from Jonathon. He may have information which would support his advertising of the workshops on the UWA site.
                        I am not making judgements. I would like to hear what Jonathon has to say.
                        I ask that you wait until I have spoken to him or at least have a response to my emails.
                        CERES will most likely not know anything, as he appears to have booked the "Sunraysia Institute of TAFE-Mallee Campus" for at least 2 of the 3 workshops.
                        Please be patient.
                        I will keep you informed.
                        Tony
                        Tony From West Oz
                        Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                        Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 11 July 2006, 11:45 PM.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Thank you for that Tonny, at last I have an understanding of the situation
                          Cheers
                          Chris
                          Cheers
                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X