Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

I have made 200 lites of biodiesal with littel to no problems in wormer wether at 40 liter at a time. I have just made 80 liters that looks like creem What have i done wrong

Re: Please help

We dont know. What have you done.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Hi Stephen, I think what Joe could mean or hope he means, is perhaps some more detail would help us comment. Maybe your proceedure and photos of a sample of the batch.
      Regards
      Annatex

Comment

the process i use is one i found on the net.
        the recipee i have used sucsesfully a couple of times. yet this time i have recived a diffrent result. during the washing stage it seems to have absorbed the water and even when left over night there is still no sign of seperation. is it possible that i could have agitated it to much? i have used an old clothes washing machine for this step. i did not have the washer in the past. the only other thing that is diffrent this time is on one of the old oil drums it has cotton seed oil labeled on the side. would this make a diffrance?
        i have tried to boil a small amount to see if i can remove the water. it tends to show a small amount of oil but still retains the water.

Comment

Stephen, we need to know the detail of your process:
          Amount of oil, Titration value, amount of methanol, amount of caustic (NaOH or KOH?).
          \
          Washing?

Did you say that you washed it in a washing machine?

OOPS!!!
          First wash should be done GENTLY!!! to avoid making an emulsion.

Search this forum for "emulsion". There are many ways iof breaking an emulsion; copious amounts of water, draining off only the very bottom layer in between refills; adding salt; remixing in the whole amount of byproduct; adding acid; etc.

Read about them here.

Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
          X