Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do HICLONE Units Increase Your Vehicles MPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do HICLONE Units Increase Your Vehicles MPG?

G'day mates,

Like everyone else I'm trying to save a dollar on fuel cost and to this end I've been doing some research. I found that LPG can now be fitted to diesels and if I fit LPG to my Disco 300TDi, I would get better MPG, I would also get a $2,000 rebate from the government! So I'm guessing the cost of fitting LPG to the Disco would be pretty exspensive...much more than 2500 bucks!
    While searching for info' and ideas, I found a site that recommends HICLONE units for improving MPG and the units are much cheeper to buy.
    Has anyone here tried these HICLONE units? and if so, did they give you better MPG? What was your experiences...good and/or bad, with these HICLONE units.

Cheers,

Bill
    Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
    This old dog has been learning new tricks for years and...
    I hope I can continue to do so!:cool:

Re: Do HICLONE Units Increase Your Vehicles MPG?

Originally posted by kando View Post
    G'day mates,

Like everyone else I'm trying to save a dollar on fuel cost and to this end I've been doing some research. I found that LPG can now be fitted to diesels and if I fit LPG to my Disco 300TDi, I would get better MPG, I would also get a $2,000 rebate from the government! So I'm guessing the cost of fitting LPG to the Disco would be pretty exspensive...much more than 2500 bucks!
    While searching for info' and ideas, I found a site that recommends HICLONE units for improving MPG and the units are much cheeper to buy.
    Has anyone here tried these HICLONE units? and if so, did they give you better MPG? What was your experiences...good and/or bad, with these HICLONE units.

Cheers,
    Threads about fuel saving devices can cause problems between members on forums.
    I asked the same question re Hiclone and the opinion seemed to be you
    would not get much savings. A few members said they worked better
    for older non turbo diesels but made little difference for turbo's.
    I will see if I can find a post I made at VWwatercooled and put up the link.
    Neil.
    http://vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum...hlight=hiclone

I also asked about prozone in this thread.
    If you do a search for fuel saving devices on the internet you will find a few.
    pangit
    Last edited by pangit; 30 May 2008, 11:46 AM. Reason: adding code for [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
      Threads about fuel saving devices can cause problems between members on forums.
      I asked the same question re Hiclone and the opinion seemed to be you
      would not get much savings. A few members said they worked better
      for older non turbo diesels but made little difference for turbo's.
      I will see if I can find a post I made at VWwatercooled and put up the link.
      Neil.
      Hiclone,prozone performance. - VWwatercooled Australia

I also asked about prozone in this thread.
      If you do a search for fuel saving devices on the internet you will find a few.
      G'day Neil,

I'll never understand why discussing anything should cause problems between members on forums or anywhere else. People have the right to voice their opinion but I never give my opinion on "anything" till I have given that product, or whatever, a fair go. It's people giving their opinion on something they have never tried and/or know nothing about that annoys me.

For instance, a while back I trialled fuel additive tablets in my 300TDi Disco, I trialled them for a month and in that month part of the trial was a trip to Queensland to pick-up and bring home to Victoria a caravan.
      I used the fuel tablets each time I filled-up with diesel, or BD when I could get it on the trip, and I kept records of my millage covered for two month, one month not using the additive and one month using the additive. Now it may be because on the open road I put the boot down when I get the chance but I did not see any difference to talk about in my fuel consumption the second month while using the fuel additive tablets!
      I told the supplier of my findings and he reckoned it was because I did not drive at a sedate speed, he says I should have driven at 90KPH for the whole two months test, that way I would have seen a big improvement in my MPG when using the fuel additive tablets. I informed the supplier if any driver drove and held their speed at 90KPH on the highway, the driver would not need to use fuel additive tablets! His/her MPG for the vehicle would show a big improvement anyway!
      I never bought or used the fuel additive tablets again but I know other drivers who swear by them and use them on each fill...We all have the right to agree or disagree.

Cheers Neil,

Bill

PS. Would you be Neil from Canada who drives a VW TD and likes hang gliding
      Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
      This old dog has been learning new tricks for years and...
      I hope I can continue to do so!:cool:

Comment

PS. Would you be Neil from Canada who drives a VW TD and likes hang gliding [/quote]

Different Person.
        I'm the better looking Neil.

Holden Rodeo 2.5 non turbo
        VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG

Ps Have you tried any centane booster.

Neil.

Comment

I put a cold air intake highflow airintake manifold and a performance chip in my 5.7l Chev petrol ute, it decreased my fuel consumption by 2L/100km.
          My average of 12L/100km was achieved driving 1600km from Sydney to Adelaide. I had the mods done in Adelaide and was getting between 9.6 and 10L/100kms after the mods. Very noticebale from the first get go. Cruised at 110km/hr there and back, thanks to the cruise control and too many coppers these days. Cost $2500 including cat back exhaust twin system.
          I am looking at getting a diesel and have noticed these mods are available for diesel cars/suv's as well. More power and better fuel economy.......win win....
          I've also heard from my brothers friends sisters dad's nephews best mate those hiclone dohickies are crapola.

The way I see it, they would reduce the airflow into the cylinder, not ideal.
          Think blowers and turbo's which increase the airflow and give you more air, ie more oxygen and hence more bangola in your cylinder and a more efficient stroke of your rod around your crankshaft.

Yes my girlfriends away for the week.....sorry

Comment

I have 2 hiclones fitted in my ford trader. I don't have any scientific testing results but it feels slightly faster. It could be my imagination though.
            Heading north out of Ballina with a 20' trailer full of stock it used to slow down to 25km/h on the big hill. Last time I went with slightly less stock it only slowed to 35km/h.
            Also, the trader was flat out getting to 110 km/h empty on the freeway. Now I find that I am regularly having to check my speed.
            No comments about the fuel efficiency.
            There is a money back garantee but I am going to leave the hiclones in place.
            I hope this helps.
            RobW

Comment

This subject has been discussed extensivly in the CMCA website and their magazine "The Wanderer" recent expert advise has meant the adds for all fuel improvement devices have been pulled from the magazine. Or so I believe. Collyn Rivers, a retired engineer has written many results of tests on Hiclones etc. And from what I read, why dont the Manufacturers fit them if there so good
              Cheers
              Steven

Comment

Working...
              X