EGR Removal Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Removal Kit

I'm now offering a EGR Valve removal kit for a 5 cylinder Mercedes Diesel Turbo. This will eliminate the EGR valve. "For Testing Purposes" Cost $25 in the U.S. (if the Austrialian fellows would be interested I'll check on shipping and give you a solid price)Paypal to Jonthecarguy@comcast.net
    Kit Includes the following:
    3/16" 304 Stainless EGR Intake Flange
    1/16 304 Stainless Exaust cap
    700 Degree Intake Flange Gasket
    2 Bolts for Intake Flange to remove original
    Copper High Temp Sealant to seal exaust cap

I have designed the stainless exaust cap with the pressurized device to ensure proper seal. See picture Below (kit doesn't come with air fitting device)

[YOUTUBE]gw9HlzHDn5U[/YOUTUBE]
    jonthecarguy
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by jonthecarguy; 7 June 2008, 11:49 PM. Reason: new video

Re: EGR Removal Kit

What is the EGR valve, is it some kind of emmission control device? Do we even have it fitted to Australian spec Mercs?

And if so, what would be the benefit of removing it (although I can guess, more power)?
    Sean

Comment

EGR- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve.

Its only on turbo model w123's not sold in australia (once again john needs to listen to his potential customers).

it is ILLEGAL to remove an EGR or to block it. Altough it is a very popular mod to do.
      basically the valve feeds exhaust gas back into the intake for emmisions reductions (also performance)
      Cheers
      Nick.
      Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry,
        Didn't know that a 100% of people that visit this forum reside in Austrialia.

-jon

Comment

Originally posted by RODEONICK View Post
          EGR- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve.

Its only on turbo model w123's not sold in australia (once again john needs to listen to his potential customers).

it is ILLEGAL to remove an EGR or to block it. Altough it is a very popular mod to do.
          basically the valve feeds exhaust gas back into the intake for emmisions reductions (also performance)
          Nick,
          My wife drives a Mitsubishi Delica (grey import) and after some research found that an EGR mod would stop it from blowing black smoke. Also ,while researching I read in a few places that the 2.8 TD Pajero and tritons deliverd in OZ have an EGR blocking plate installed from the factory. I did the mod by making a plate similar to the pictured one above and installed it infront of the valve and it worked great.
          I recently looked at a 2005'ish Triton and there is a blockoff plate in front of the egr?? and the owner from new did not put it there.

You see alot of TD Toyota Surfs, delicas and Nissan Terrano's (all grey imports from Japan) getting around that blow black smoke. From my limited knowledge the EGR works well for the first few thousand KM's and then it chokes up with soot and becomes ineffective. This mod cures the smoke issue.
          Regards, Chris
          96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
          93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
          90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
          Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Legitimate grey imports are required to comply with ADRs. It is illegal to disconnect or disable any emission control devices or systems that effect ADR compliance. So if you have a black smoke problem it may be because the EGR is not working as it should. This situation is also illegal and you are obliged to fix it properly so that the vehicle still complies with ADRs. If you fix it by removing/blanking off the EGR you may not legally operate the vehicle.
            I know lots of people do it and very few (none) get caught but the penalties are worth considering. Please, I am not telling anyone what to do or not do but just suggesting think about it.

Comment

One thing to remember there are more ways than one to block off a properly functioning EGR valve.
              I bought a car once that had ball bearings poked up the vacuum hose that operated the EGR valve.

Comment

Originally posted by 98troopy View Post
                Legitimate grey imports are required to comply with ADRs. It is illegal to disconnect or disable any emission control devices or systems that effect ADR compliance.
                Part of my point above was that the Japanese delivered Delica, (designed to meet Japanese Design Rules) has the EGR valve connected but the OZ Delivered Triton with the exact same engine has a blocking plate from the factory.
                I realise this may be splitting hairs, but the way I see it is if Mitsubishi can design the Triton to meet ADR with a plate, I am not breaking any laws modifying the Delica to match the tritons spec that meets ADR not JDR.

I don't know that stands up as an argument with the authorities but it makes me feel justified.

Cheers, Chris
                96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
                93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
                90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
                Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
                  Part of my point above was that the Japanese delivered Delica, (designed to meet Japanese Design Rules) has the EGR valve connected but the OZ Delivered Triton with the exact same engine has a blocking plate from the factory.
                  I realise this may be splitting hairs, but the way I see it is if Mitsubishi can design the Triton to meet ADR with a plate, I am not breaking any laws modifying the Delica to match the tritons spec that meets ADR not JDR.

I don't know that stands up as an argument with the authorities but it makes me feel justified.

Cheers, Chris
                  The Triton falls into the classification of Commercial Vehicle.
                  Is the Delica Commercial or Passanger Vehicle?

Reason for asking is the emmision standards do actually differ defined by vehicle classification. So a non functioning EGR vavle on a Passenger Vehicle could well be cause for consern, whereas the same engine in a Commercial Vehicle well may not even have the EGR valve fitted.

Confused yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X