filter bag ring sizes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter bag ring sizes??

I am looking to producing a filter bag in 1 and 5 micron ratings with a much larger ring size and probably a slightly different shape.

The current bags are sock type bags, and are quite difficult and dirty to scrape fat accumulations from the bag.

I can now get bags with basically any ring size I wish and I was thinking of bags that were more of an inverted umbrella shape with a size that would fit into the top of a 20 litre drum or perhaps even a 200 litre drum.

The surface area of the filter would be similar to the current bag types but access to the bags would be better and they would fit into the top of the container as opposed to being suspended above or suspended into the container.

Just gauging interest at this time - feel free to contact me if you have any ideas of a specific design or size that would help you in your filtering.

I am still running the "biofuelsforum" coupon promotion of free post for any items I have that have a heat exchange as part of the package.

regards

Geoff
    Telegraph Point NSW
    Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
    Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Re: filter bag ring sizes??

I think increasing the size of the steel ring will give better access to inside the bag for cleaning. Would be good to make them mid size not long.

I believe the longer the sock bag is the less accurate it filters because the more volume of oil it contains the more likely to stretch the material of the bag due the heavy weight of the oil .

I think bigger size filter bags should only be made in 20+ micron. But shopping bags can do the trick.

Regards
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Working...
    X