2006 Pathfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Pathfinder

Anyone either running a 2006 Pathfinder turbo diesel on biodiesel or know someone who does or know for sure that it is safe to do..regards..Taffy

Re: 2006 Pathfinder

Taffy,
    Welcome to the Forum, there is a lot of information here about the use of biodiesel and used cooking oils as diesel fuels.
    I do not know the answer to your question, but I know how you can find that information if it has been discussed here.
    So that you don't have to wait for the answers to be provided, and to show that you are prepared to help yourself, why not try ther search engine using "Pathfinder" as the key word?

If that comes up a blank then you know that it has not been discussed here, but it doesn't mean that it can't be done, just that we haven't talked about it yet.

I await your search results,
    tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Tony...a million thanks for bothering to reply...o.k. Nobody knows about the pathfinder..how about any modern Nissan or other make turbo charged diesel..that is 2004 onwards. My bloke says no because the pathfinder has a rotary pump(?) and because of water and methanol but from every thing I have read these are not a problem with a properly titrated batch and with added methanol extraction. Is it a given that diesels from 2000 on will have synthetic fuel lines even if they look like rubber and what of the pump... do they vary that much in this day and age...is there a diesel mechanic who subscribes to this forum who knows the truth one way or the other. It obviously takes a fair leap of faith to put the first tankful in when warranty is concerned (especially from the little woman) Reason I don't go to Nissan..I believe they will give me the fuel company line and they just don't want to be bothered..any excuse will do to get out of warranty obligations. How come we don't hear howls of protest from car manufacturers about LPG which burns hotter and used to cause such great problems with valves and cylinder heads...we've got over that..why not biodiesel?

Comment

Originally posted by taffy View Post
        My bloke says no because the pathfinder has a rotary pump(?)

Is it a given that diesels from 2000 on will have synthetic fuel lines even if they look like rubber and what of the pump...

do they vary that much in this day and age...
        Rotary pumps are fine for Biodiesel.

no it is definantly not a given, the european cars seem to be the worst surprisingly. my 2001 rodeo has had no seal and hose issues.

they still do vary drastically.

Most People don't bother responding because as you can imagine we get the same old questions every day from a new member that don't bother to do the initial research themselves. and if your refuring to the ZD30 engine do a seach here and have a read as its been covered a bit. Nobody here seems to be running one though.

Cheers Nick.
        Cheers
        Nick.
        Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X