Another Inconvenient Truth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Inconvenient Truth...

No mater how much some in this forum think the AGW 'claims' have nothing to do with Biofuels, others disagree -

Rich countries’ biofuel policies currently offer neither a safe nor an effective means to tackle climate change. By increasing aggregate demand for agricultural land, they will drive the expansion of farming into critical carbon sinks such as forests, wetlands, and grasslands, triggering the release of carbon from soils and vegetation that will take decades and in some cases centuries of biofuel production to repay, at a time when emissions need to peak and fall within the next 10 to 15 years

Full article at -
    http://www.oxfam.org.au/media/files/...nientTruth.pdf

Via Carbon Positive -
    Carbon News and Info > Climate change news > Energy & biofuels > Biofuels worsen poverty, climate: Oxfam

Re: Another Inconvenient Truth...

If these are your beliefs, why are you posting on a site devoted to biofuels, unless you are doing it to antagonise other forum members????
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Too cold for fishing outside perhaps?
      Captain Echidna
      Last edited by Captain Echidna; 26 June 2008, 10:27 PM.
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Tony From West Oz, you've got me a little confused here reference the thread starter article, are you thinking we not develop Biofuels ???

Comment

Chevy,
          You are posting articles which are patently arguing AGAINST biofuels.
          Your signature line states that global warming is not due to mankind's actions.

What should I and other forum members think??

I am just enquiring about YOUR motives for doing so.

Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Can this be moved to the off topic forum then? I see no value in it being here, If i want conspiracy therists an doom and gloom I'm sure i'll find it somewhere else on the web.

The whole bio fuels bad rant of late is a joke, I can get that on today tonight or read it in the telegraph for hecks sake.
            Cheers
            Nick.
            Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
            sigpic

Comment

Chevy,
              You are posting articles which are patently arguing AGAINST biofuels.
              Your signature line states that global warming is not due to mankind's actions.

What should I and other forum members think??

I am just enquiring about YOUR motives for doing so.
              Hmmm...

Tony, the thread starter article is also 'about' biofuels. I think any miss-guided attack on biofuels is worth a lookin into.

I dont know if you read some of my first posts here, though I would of thought that my Jatrohpa post was tying in CO2. I've since done further research on the AGW claims and discovered that the science is not done - They have barely scratched the surface of understanding global climate. The fixs proposed by those, like Gore, will cost billions of dollars and achieve what ? In the mean time, billions of dollars that could be put into Biofuel development are wasted.

... Of course, if blind faith in Al Gore's Church of Eternal Climate Stability is a prerequisite of this Biofuels forum - then I will leave you to it.

Comment

I think the point thats was trying to be made is that you posted something, written by someone else, without any constructive input or insight of your own - another rehash of the same old argument.

There are hundreds of articles like the one you posted, those of us who try to obtain an objective balance read many of them. I don't understand why you would post this, without at least an explanation or better yet, providing new thoughts and arguments of your own...

Comment

Moved to off-topic area.....
                  Sean

Comment

You have a fair piont there kiwiBiofuel

I made the assumption that most would know the history of the AGW debate on this Biofuels forum, hence the thread starter sentance - No mater how much some in this forum think the AGW 'claims' have nothing to do with Biofuels, others disagree.

And the Biofuel attacking headline - Another Inconvenient Truth...

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVY View Post
                      I've since done further research on the AGW claims and discovered that the science is not done - They have barely scratched the surface of understanding global climate.
                      At the risk of this getting off topic (and its a risk I am prepared to take) I have done some further research on how ailens control earth, and it seem the science is not done there yet either! I wonder if any science has been completed yet?

Ufologists and representatives of traditional sciences continue to argue over whether rumours of the implantation of mysterious mini-transmitters in human bodies have any real basis. UFO researchers talk of an evil alien conspiracy. So much evidence for such implants has accumulated that it is becoming more and more difficult for serious researchers to brush them aside. Pravda

Aliens implant mini-transmitters in human bodies to control Earth

I think this forum is for dicussing biofuels, and nothing in the first quote has any relevance to my method of biofuel production, nor most others on the forum. As for the ease finding information on how something hasnt been proved yet, perhaps that could be another thread......
                      Captain Echidna
                      Last edited by Captain Echidna; 27 June 2008, 05:36 PM.
                      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I have done some further research on how ailens control earth, and it seem the science is not done there yet either!
                        LOL, Captain Echidna, I had'nt realised that the federal gov was going to waste billions of dollars on ET research if they are I will certainly be expressing my disatisfaction with it

I sat back and did nothing when our idiot former Prime Minister sent our troops off looking for those mythical WMD never again........ hang on, maybe it was aliens they were after

I think this forum is for dicussing biofuels, and nothing in the first quote has any relevance to my method of biofuel production, nor most others on the forum
                        IMHO, an attack on Biofuels is relavent to a Biofuels forum

I'm getting the impression that this Forum is wrongly named. Perhaps it would be better if it was the WVO forum.

Comment

The truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. How true is it that biofuels are responsible for the rising price of food and world food shortage? There is a link but it is far from a truth. If fuel hits $8 a litre as CSIRO say is possible then food oil will be $8 a litre. Farmers should in a free market, at least that is what governments have been telling them for the last 50 years. The effect of biofuels on world food are only just starting and it is a little to early to hold biofuels responsible for current problems. Lack of water from drought or glacial melt is a bigger problem. With water we can grow more without water we can grow nought. Australias production of wheat and canola has been dramatically effected by drought whilst the amount used for biofuels is miniscule in Australia.

I am beginning to get tired of biofuels being blamed for the world food problems. Biofuels are a convenient excuse for the problem. Africa and other basket cases need to get there act together and feed themselves rather than rely on the Western world.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVY View Post
                            I'm getting the impression that this Forum is wrongly named. Perhaps it would be better if it was the WVO forum.
                            100% agree with you here chevy.
                            pretty sad when people are scared to admit they make bio diesel for fear of their own govt.
                            Cheers
                            Nick.
                            Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                            sigpic

Comment

It has been stated that the USA are importing food due to the fact that they are using the food crops to manufacture bio fuels, could one ever imagine the USA importing food [corn,wheat,soya,etc etc ]

check out this web site, www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net, scary stuff.

regards
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X