Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age article on Bio, we're being noticed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age article on Bio, we're being noticed!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...166376902.html

Lookout guys the city groups are gaining attention, in the press at least.
    Simple article.

Matt

PS. Pardon my punctuation in the title of the thread, we're really should have the apostrophe
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Re: Age article on Bio, we're being noticed!

That's great! It's good to see that people can access the article from the home page, too.

There are some really good points made in the article also. My only concern is that biodiesel users are still being portrayed as "fringedwellers". Of course, many of us are, but I'd love to see a guy in a suit with a corporate-style haircut photographed, proudly displaying a jar of biodiesel.

IMO, it's all about image projection. The majority of the population are used to being told "this is the way to go" by men in suits. So if a man in a suit told them that biodiesel was the way to go, it's likely that people wouldn't scoff.

I'm particularly concerned about the last line of the article, because of it's associations with pot. Marijuana use is viewed, for the most part, as a friendly, but misguided undercurrent of society. I don't want the same sort of opinion tagged onto biodiesel.

That's not to say that journalists are the enemy - they just don't have all the information they need to portray it as seriously as they ought.

Still, it's great to see increasing awareness. This awareness just needs to be guided in the right direction.

Comment

Edited by Robert - Hey Darren - sorry to pull your post off here, but I didn't want to leave those details/email addresses of the media people public. I've got hold of Tony and checked with him, he's already been in contact with the ABC, so he's got the details. Cheers - Robert
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 19 July 2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Hey Matt - don't worry about the punctuation - I fixed it for you

Well done Melbourne Bio dudes! Paul - I know you lurk here but never post, but well done on the story, it looks pretty fair and balanced. This is good media relations, of the sort that Amber was mentioning.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Darren - sorry to remove your post dude - I'm sure you won't take it personally, I just had to keep the details in it away from the public eye. Well done on your media coverage!!!

Amber - I posted my last post before I saw your's. I must agree with the image that biodiesel has and the need to bring it out of the fringes and into the mainstream. I have no problem with the fringes myself (some of my best friends are fringe-dwelling hippies ), but it is very important that the ordinary commercial TV watching, mainstream Aussie sees this as a fuel they can buy at a servo and still get their beloved fly-buy points for. (I actually heard someone at my work say "I'll only buy biodiesel when I can buy it at my local servo on my credit card and get fly buys").
          When I first started down the road that has got me driving on biodiesel and setting up these websites, I desperately wanted to show people that I was an ordinary suburban dwelling, modern car driving, white collar in the city working, family man who can still choose to do the best he can in his own small way to be more responsible for his impact on the planet (while trying not to sound like too much of a lefty).
          At the end of the day, most of the time I get talking I will carry on with leftist rants, but I am acutely aware that if you want to sell something to someone, it has to be dressed up in a style and phrased in a language that they feel they are already aligned with. I agree that biodiesel needs to be seen more with people in suits and modern cars so as to appeal to the mainstream who seem to like this.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Thanks for your snappy response Evil Kienevil, I just couldn't find any other way to direct email to Tony of WA, and i think Perth listeners would rather hear about it from a local rather than an eastern stater. Particularly considering the work Tony has done on this stuff.
            Cheers ,, Darren.
            No more jumping houses on rollerblades, we need you unbroken.

Comment

[quote=Robert](some of my best friends are fringe-dwelling hippies ),

We are happy hippies.One hip world one day.They got the guns we the number.Come live in our Shang-gri-la.The future is green.

We can only do it together.
              Love peace and harmony.

Cheers
              Sauman

Comment

Working...
              X