PDA

View Full Version : Diesel should cost about $1.50...per gallon!

kando
8th August 2008, 11:42 PM
G'day mates,

I have just posted in the general off-topic area on why fuel should cost us around $1.50...per gallon. As for bio-diesel...I don't know. In my other post I provide a link to a video that tells the truth on what the American government, the world bank and the IMF are doing to us and why they will not release the oil from the biggest oil field on earth and No! It's not in the Middle East! It's in Alaska! :mad:

Go have a look...it's educational to say the least. The yank government, the World Bank and the IMF are screwing people...us all! (http://www.biofuelsforum.com/off_topic_area/5330-yank_government_world_bank_imf_screwing_people_us_ all.html)

Cheers mates,

Bill

Tony From West Oz
10th August 2008, 12:44 AM
So,
Why are you discussing this?

This forum is about using renewable fuels, not petroleum products.

Tony

TroyH
10th August 2008, 03:14 AM
In reality, fuel is a product like anything else. It is priced at what people are willing to pay for it. If they over price it, people wont buy it. People have just come to rely on it so heavily, that they will pay a lot for it.

It might seem unfair, but that's capitalism for you.

Geoffwin
8th September 2008, 01:17 PM
If we believe (and I do) any of the concerns based on carbon pollution it could be argued that the longer these oil fields are tied up the better.

At the moment we are borrowing considerably from the future and we might not be able to pay it back (or at least our kids mightn't be able to).

Just thinking that petro chemical haze could be lifted from cities and everyone could possibly be a bit healthier might be one reason to keep the prices high and encourage alternative fuels that hopefully are not as dirty.

It is only cheap because the real costs are never built into the equation

Captain Echidna
4th October 2008, 10:34 PM
How many people here do not or have not used petro products with their " renewable" veg fuels?

Woo hoo!:D well on one of my cars at least!

The merc is going reasonably well on 100% cooking oil, and hasnt had fuel from a servo since I converted it. I will admit it takes engine oil to run, but thats about it.

I guess the big thing with biofuels is the price of fossil fuel becomes irrelevant.

kiwiBiofuel
8th October 2008, 11:52 AM
I guess the big thing with biofuels is the price of fossil fuel becomes irrelevant.

You mean the big thing with cooking oil. Price of oil is still very relevant to most other biofuels.

Captain Echidna
8th October 2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah cooking oil.

Nuddy
8th October 2008, 02:38 PM
So,
Why are you discussing this?

This forum is about using renewable fuels, not petroleum products.

Tony

So it should be in the Off-Topic area.
It is worth discussing but should not be in the Biodiesel Discussion area.

Tony From West Oz
8th October 2008, 11:52 PM
Nuddy,
Thanks for prompting me to move it.

Done.
Tony