Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel should cost about $1.50...per gallon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel should cost about $1.50...per gallon!

G'day mates,

I have just posted in the general off-topic area on why fuel should cost us around $1.50...per gallon. As for bio-diesel...I don't know. In my other post I provide a link to a video that tells the truth on what the American government, the world bank and the IMF are doing to us and why they will not release the oil from the biggest oil field on earth and No! It's not in the Middle East! It's in Alaska!

Go have a look...it's educational to say the least. The yank government, the World Bank and the IMF are screwing people...us all!

Cheers mates,

Bill
    Last edited by kando; 8 August 2008, 11:48 PM.
    Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
    This old dog has been learning new tricks for years and...
    I hope I can continue to do so!:cool:

Re: Diesel should cost about $1.50...per gallon!

So,
    Why are you discussing this?

This forum is about using renewable fuels, not petroleum products.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

In reality, fuel is a product like anything else. It is priced at what people are willing to pay for it. If they over price it, people wont buy it. People have just come to rely on it so heavily, that they will pay a lot for it.

It might seem unfair, but that's capitalism for you.
      Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

If we believe (and I do) any of the concerns based on carbon pollution it could be argued that the longer these oil fields are tied up the better.

At the moment we are borrowing considerably from the future and we might not be able to pay it back (or at least our kids mightn't be able to).

Just thinking that petro chemical haze could be lifted from cities and everyone could possibly be a bit healthier might be one reason to keep the prices high and encourage alternative fuels that hopefully are not as dirty.

It is only cheap because the real costs are never built into the equation
        Telegraph Point NSW
        Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
        Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          How many people here do not or have not used petro products with their " renewable" veg fuels?
          Woo hoo! well on one of my cars at least!

The merc is going reasonably well on 100% cooking oil, and hasnt had fuel from a servo since I converted it. I will admit it takes engine oil to run, but thats about it.

I guess the big thing with biofuels is the price of fossil fuel becomes irrelevant.
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna View Post
            I guess the big thing with biofuels is the price of fossil fuel becomes irrelevant.
            You mean the big thing with cooking oil. Price of oil is still very relevant to most other biofuels.

Comment

Yeah cooking oil.
              cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
                So,
                Why are you discussing this?

This forum is about using renewable fuels, not petroleum products.

Tony
                So it should be in the Off-Topic area.
                It is worth discussing but should not be in the Biodiesel Discussion area.

Comment

Nuddy,
                  Thanks for prompting me to move it.

Done.
                  Tony
                  Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                  '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                  '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                  '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                  '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                  '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                  '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                  '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                  '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                  '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                  '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                  '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                  '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                  Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                  X