New member from US logging in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from US logging in...

Hello all, glad to find your forum so that I can continue adding to my alternative fuel knowledge base.

I have but one diesel vehicle (at the moment) that I am going to convert to use WVO primarily, with biodiesel in a second tank.
    She is a 1970 M35A2 6x6 Kaiser Jeep....an ex army truck...that runs great, with low miles (and registered as an antique!)

I plan on reading as much as I can here, and gaining more knowledge from your experiences.

I enjoy learning about alternative fuel perspectives from around the world.....I have been interested ever since I learned that the first diesel motors were designed to run on peanut oil.....I really enjoy the idea of "going off the grid" and saying goodbye to the tendrils of Big Oil....(at least as much as I can!)

Hope to keep informed as to my progress with my project vehicle, as well as find out what tips and such might be helpful from this site.

Take care!

Adam Lee

Yesterday, it worked.
    Today, it is not working.
    Windows is like that.

Re: New member from US logging in...

Registered as an 'antique' - I remember jumping into the back on one of those things in Feb 1967 on my first day of basic training.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd
      Registered as an 'antique' - I remember jumping into the back on one of those things in Feb 1967 on my first day of basic training.

Welcome to the forum.
      Terry, are YOU registered as one too?
      Tony
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

LOL - yer only as old as you feel you are....I know folks who are in their 60's but act like they're 25!

Anyway, just because my truck is registered as an antique doesn't mean it gets me any "senior citizen discounts"....it still costs the same on my insurance....but no yearly reg fees (a lifetime license plate)

I'll be following closely what another guy here in my home state has done with converting his deuce to run on bio and WVO....at 8-9 mpg, bio and homebrew fuels are the only economical way to propel these beasts of burden, anyway!

Yesterday, it worked.
        Today, it is not working.
        Windows is like that.

Comment

Wow, that beast is a WEAPON.
          Did you know there are loads of forums in the US.?
          I was google searching words like BIODIESEL , just to see how my own site ranked, and came up with loads of sites in the US.
          You wouldn't have to be makin' conversions of quantities or price, or wondering who little johnny and fat bastard Costello are.
          But hey why not , the world is getting smaller, the more we consume it.

Comment

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum. What a beast, but absolutely beautifull. Go for it, you wont look back.

Best of Luck

Dillyman

Comment

Tony, no such luck as being registered as an antique. More likely I am going to be "stripped for parts".

Comment

Rotflmao :d
                Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                X