Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Oil

Hi All,
    Had someone try to impress upon me today the advantages of "MPG-CAPS', you drop this capsule in the fuel and hey presto up to 14% saving on fuel bills.
    And yes there's more it works on Biodiesel as well.

www.super-fuel-saver.com.au

Regards
    John H

Re: Snake Oil

Oh Gawd, not another one!

Check this out - "100% organic engine conditioner that simultaneously improves fuel economy and power by creating a micro-thin coating on the combustion chamber in your engine allowing your fuel to burn more efficiently."

Organic even, but then so is horse s--t.

A micro-thin coating on the combustion chamber. Yeah, I think they call that stuff carbon. Maybe this thing is a sugar pill that will increase your carbon deposits - not in my vehicle you don't.

Save the money, use it to buy a tyre pump if you don't have one. Pump up the tyres until they are rock hard - you'd be surprised at how much better fuel economy you will get - and air is FREE!

I love the "get out of jail free card" that they use to hype this thing. UP TO 14% increase. You see it is UP TO, not 14%, but UP TO 14%. Which means it can do absolutely ZERO and still be UP TO 14%.

Wow, I just read the testimonials. What a hoot! - 36% increase in economy, less smoke, more power, easier starting (from a coating?), butters your bread, mows your lawn, etc. etc. This one's worth the read just for the chuckles it will give you.
    Terry Syd
    Last edited by Terry Syd; 24 July 2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Someone should tell the car companies about these things. I bet they would buy millions of the buggers if it increased their vehicles milage 7-14%. According to what I see on TV doco's and read in mags like popular science, the car industry spends millions on getting their cars to get the best milage, cleaner emissions and more power. I wonder why they just don't buy a ship load of these things and get all those benefits just by dropping them in the fuel tank??

Honestly, I don't know what amazes me more with things like this... The fact that in this day and age scammers are allowed to get away with their claims and sell such crap or the fact there are enough gullible people out there that allow so many dodgy gimmicks like this to be profitable!

Comment

When I was writing technical articles for a motorcycle magazine I did an article on ceramic coatings. You may remember that the space shuttle has ceramic tiles on the shuttle to prevent excessive heat from reaching the aircraft skin.

I had a piston crown plasma coated with ceramic to test the capabilities of the coating to prevent the heat build-up in the piston crown. An air-cooled two-stroke can loose 15-20% of its power when running at full power for just a short time. This is because the heat from the underside of the piston crown starts heating up the air/fuel mixture in the crankcase. This causes the mixture to expand. This leads to mixture loss out the exhaust port.

The conclusions were that it MAY be a benefit for racers that were trying to get the very last bit of power from their engines, but for the average guy it was a waste of money.

And that was a fairly thick PLASMA COATING OF CERAMIC! To think some 'pill' would magically deposit a coating on ONLY the piston crown and cylinder head (somehow bypassing the cylinder wall surface that the rings would have to rub against), and that this alleged coating could in anyway come close to duplicating the effects of a plasma coating is beyond absurd.

Comment

G Day Folks
          I am going to do a scam with Snake Oil Mob.
          I am going to ask them for a dealership in India.Tell them that they will have the biggest Diesel customer in the world the Indian Railways as there main customer.And I will sevice the client and I got the connections or can bribe my way into getting a connection.Such that we do a deal with the Indian Railways that they buy the stuff.I get a commision on every litre of snake oil sold.And Indian Railways will buy x million litres anaully.Which means I had it worked out a while back.Something like $8 million a year...... cool ......thats a scam and a half or what???.

Do you think Snake oil will fall for it.???
          Have a good weekend
          cheers
          sauman

Comment

Working...
          X