Expressions of Interest - Fuel drums in Qld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expressions of Interest - Fuel drums in Qld

The Forum has been offered an amount of Ethanol racing fuel. It is denatured Ethanol and all fuel excise will have been paid on it, so there is no excise liability if we accept it.

I am talking about a large number of 205 Litre drums of Ethanol.
    We would also need to take away approx 75 empty drums. I believe that it will be a bulk lot, we can't take only the Ethanol, we would need to take the empties also.

I am discussing this with moderators to ensure a fair method of distributing the drums to members who would like to obtain some drums.

The drums will be located in the Gold Coast area, so this limits the ability of members in areas other than NSW and QLD to participate, although it does not exclude them. We would need to be able to remove the drums and Ethanol (in drums) and I am hoping that we can arrange the collection on a particular day, or days.

What I need to know from members is: how many drums would you like?
    Members wishing to obtain some Ethanol should respond to the topic I have posted in the Expressions of Interest - ethanol fuel in SE QLD sub-forum

Members who can assist with the transport and short term storage should also post there as, without transport, we can't get it.

When we have some responses, the Moderators will discuss allocations of the drums and advise the forum members who have responded..

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 28 August 2008, 10:43 PM. Reason: added link to ethanol EOI post, Removed some typo's stating methanol was available
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Expressions of Interest - Fuel drums in Qld

I have been informed that the fuel and drums would need to be collected on the 27th October.
    To provide an indications of scale of the operation, a total of 90 drums will need to be moved. Some of these will contain Eethanol, some will be empty.
    We need to plan this well, especially the transport and storage of the fuel.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 28 August 2008, 10:44 PM. Reason: added number of drums. Changed methanol to Ethanol
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

It is ethanol and there will bewteen 10 - 15 full and up to 75 empties.

It will be quite an outing to organise.
      Joe Morgan
      Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
      http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
      SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

David,
        thanks for pointing out my Typos, I will correct the original posts to clarify the issue. This post however is about the Drums, not the Ethanol.
        Yes, as per my second post in this thread, the drums and contents must be removed on that day.

This may require us spending money to have the drums collected by a truck and driver which have rhe requisite HAZMAT licensing. Storage may also be an issue as the storage should also be in a HAZMAT fuel storage facility until we can disburse the fuel.
        The drums will be clean drums, used only for the racing fuel. Some of the Ethanol will have been taken from vehicle fuel tanks and returned to the drums to permit the vehicles being air freighted back to country of origin.

It is good to see you back on the forum after your short absence.

Regards,
        Tony
        Tony From West Oz
        Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 28 August 2008, 10:51 PM. Reason: Added details of the drums and pick up conditions.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

tube filler

At the tube filler base. Between the engine and the transmission. Transmission's drain hole; At the selector shaft.

Comment

Working...
          X