Expressions of Interest - ethanol fuel in SE QLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expressions of Interest - ethanol fuel in SE QLD

The Forum has been offered an amount of Ethanol racing fuel. It is denatured Ethanol and all fuel excise will have been paid on it, so there is no excise liability if we accept it.

I am talking about a large number of 205 Litre drums of ethanol.
    We would also need to take away approx 75 empty drums. I believe that it will be a bulk lot, we can't take only the Ethanol, we would need to take the empties also.

I am discussing this with moderators to ensure a fair method of distributing the Ethanol to members who would like to use it either in making biodiesel or in spark ignition engines.

The fuel will be located in the Gold Coast area, so this limits the ability of members in areas other than NSW and QLD to participate, although it does not exclude them. We would need to be able to remove the full and empty drums and I am hoping that we can arrange the collection on a particular day, or days.

What I need to know from members, is what amount of Ethanol you would be wanting (drums) and what you plan to use it for.

Members who can assist with the transport and short term storage should also post here as, without transport, we can't get it.

When we have some responses, the Moderators will discuss allocations of the fuel.

Members needing a supply of clean fuel drums should respond to the other topic I have posted. Expressions of Interest - Fuel drums - Qld

My only issue is that it would be difficult to get it brought to WA, so I may not participate, but then I may, depending on freight costs.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 28 August 2008, 10:47 PM. Reason: Added link to Drums EOI post, fixed Typo "methanol" to "Ethanol"
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Expressions of Interest - ethanol fuel in SE QLD

I have been informed that the fuel and drums would need to be collected on the 27th October.
    To provide an indications of scale of the operation, a total of 90 drums will need to be moved. Some of these will contain Ethanol, some will be empty.
    We need to plan this well, especially the transport and storage of the fuel.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 28 August 2008, 10:46 PM. Reason: Fixed typo "methanol" to "Ethanol"
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Here is my EOI
      Peter

Comment

Count me in too, please. Fuel for a petrol car that I hope to run on E100 if possible, 200Litres? Happy to transport up to 5 full drums with up to 5 more empty ones to Brisvegas
        Matt
        Matt
        Last edited by Matt; 29 August 2008, 08:59 PM.
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Count me in. I can take about 10 drums(maybe more if required) to the Sunshine Coast QLD. Full or empty, as long as I end up with a couple of full ones. I will have no trouble getting rid of the empty ones

Comment

Working...
          X