Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laboratory Supplies

Hi all,
    I found a very helpful and excellent source of Lab equipment in Artarmon Sydney.
    They had almost everything I needed in order to set up for Biodiesel production. Beakers, measuring cylinders and a host of other stuff much cheaper than retail.

They are an equipment exchange place and have all sorts of stuff. They are also very friendly and are very interested in Biodiesel as well. See their details below.

Tech Trader
    Unit 1,3 Lanceley Place
    Artarmon
    NSW 2064
    Ph. 9966 5477 www.techtrader.com.au

Have fun if & when you go there!

Bear
    Bear
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by Bear; 28 July 2006, 08:09 PM.

Re: Laboratory Supplies

Cool, thanks Bear. Useful to know. If anyone else has any reports on this or others, please post them!
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Bear, I'm in Berowra Heights also. I haven't started making my own bio yet but intend to soon. It would be good to meet up to share info/knowledge, and if you are making your own I'd love to see your setup. We could also collaborate with WVO collection in the local area too!

PM me if you're interested.
      Sean

Comment

Hello there,
        I am doing a research project this semester to help finish off my Environmental Engineering degree (I've been at it for almost 7 years) and I want to see if I can formulate a research topic that has something to do with Biodiesel. Does anyone know of any aspects of biodiesel that need research? Surely there is something out there that the commercial and small-time biodiesel industries need to know.?? I've got 3months to do it and I thought this forum would be a great place to start. Any ideas anyone? Any people I could contact to discuss this further?

I'm living in Melbourne and just posted this on the Melbourne forum but thought it would be a good idea to ask you New South Welshmen if you had any ideas and any people to contact regarding this matter.

Cheers guys,
        robbiewilkie

Comment

Hi Robbie,

I think you should start a new thread for your request as this is off-topic for this one and you're more likely to get a better response. Having said that I've sent you my ideas in a PM so check your inbox.
          Good luck with your studies.

Comment

Hi Bear,

So I'm assuming you went to Techtrader. Did you make an appointment with them? Reason I'm asking is that I read on their website that they request that appointments be made, so I'm guessing that we're supposed to order online or via telephone. Am I right?

Justin

Comment

Hi Justin,

I didnt make an appointment with them, however i did call first and ask them if they had what i wanted.

I found them the old fashioned way...Yellow Pages. Then called them and they were very helpful.

apart from all the hitec stuff they have there they also have alot more of the little things like beakers, i even got an immersion heater from them that i was having difficulty in finding elsewhere.

I would just call them and they will guide you to what you may need.

Good luck

Bear

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll give them a call soon.

Justin

Comment

G'day guys. I am not sure as to whether this will work for you or not but I have picked up all my lab equipment from Livingstone Laboratory Supplies who are located at 106 - 116 Epsom Road Rosebery 2018.Their phone number is 1300 721 721 and their fax is 1300 729 729. The reason I am unsure if they will supply to anyone off the street is that the last time I was there they had a sign on the reception desk saying that all new customers would need to have an ABN. They are worth a try though. If they will come to the party, their website is Livingstone International Pty. Ltd. - Medical Supplier Australia where you can view (and probably download) their catalogue complete with prices for all equipment.

Have fun!
                  Spanner

Comment

Working...
                  X