1992 Toyota diesel sedan for sale, Hobart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Toyota diesel sedan for sale, Hobart

I have for sale my 92 Toyota Corona MkII Diesel Sedan (Automatic). I bought this car from Brisbane a few months ago and drove it down to Hobart no problems at all. It's been running smoothly on bio-diesel from the day it got to Hobart.

It has power steering, windows and mirrors, central locking and a cd player. Engine is a 2 litre Toyota 2C diesel, with about 160ks on the clock.

The reason I am selling is because there is a problem with the engine. There was a slow oil leak below, and before I noticed it the oil leaked clean out and there is now damage to either the pistons or cylinders. I am unaware of how much this will cost to fix, however I'm a student and could most likely not afford to pay it anyway so I have to sell. This was a fantastic car to me and I'll be sorry to see it go.

Make an offer, I'll consider a swap for another diesel.

John

Re: 1992 Toyota diesel sedan for sale, Hobart

Stillreg in Qld?
    Is it front wheel drive or rear drive?

Comment

After the queensland rego ran out I couldn't re-register it, because I would have had to get a RWC which I couldn't due to the engine probs. Car is front wheel drive

Comment

Originally posted by john_hobart View Post
        I bought this car from Brisbane a few months ago and drove it down to Hobart no problems at all.

John
        How did it like crossing the Bass Strait? Not game enough to try it with my car just yet.

I hear not many cars can actually make it across without the aid of a boat.

I can't see it mentioned in the ad, but I'm guessing it has a snorkel fitted.
        1987 Mercedes W124 300D
        1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Forgot to mention the outboard fitted to the back Nah, had a very uncomfortable ride on the ferry

Comment

Unfortunately, due to the relative scarcity of these vehicles, it may be difficult to get parts to repair the engine and nearly impossible to locate a good replacement one.

In my opinion, the vehicle's value dropped from around $3-5K when you bought it, to perhaps $1000 (at most), with a damaged engine, even less without roadworthy certificate.
            I feel for your loss, especially as you could have prevented it with simple pre-drive inspections.

Tony
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Mate, can you check how much would it cost to have the engine rebuilt please?

thanks
              Fitian
              <><

Comment

It is a shame because I think the car would have had quite a high value (especially in tasmania) had the oil not leaked, being in good condition with low ks and lots of options. I filled up before my drive with what oil I had left in the boot, however the leak got worse the more distance I covered and it drained completely.

After having a bit of a look at it a mechanic said that is is certainly fixable, though a rebuild may be in order. There are a few 2C engines floating about, but I don't have the time nor money to fix it up which is why I'm selling. I'll consider selling parts but I'd rather sell the whole car, send me a PM or an email

John

Comment

Working...
                X