Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! 300D starter motor 1979.

Hi all

The starter motor on my 79 300d has crapped itself. Anyone have one they want to sell? I am in Adelaide.
    I was expecting problems related to running on WVO but it is the starter that goes!

Cheers
    Liam

Re: HELP! 300D starter motor 1979.

Hi mate,

I have got a reconditioned one but it would cost you an arm and a leg to send it from Sydney to Adelaide.

You are better off taking it off the car yourself and give to an auto electrician to recondition it for you. Cost can go up to $190

Or call your local mercedes wreckers for 2nd hand one. Cost will depend on how desperate you look. $150 maybe.

Taking it out of the car and putting it back in is another story all together.

I do not mean to scare you but it is not an easy job but not impossible though.

you will need ...

1, A ratchet
    2, Long extensions. long enough to reach all the way from the back of the gear box.
    3, 8mm bit for the allen head.

Disconnect the battery and secure the car on car stands before doing this job.

You may need someone to give you a hand - holding the starter moter from the top while you taking the bolts off.

If no one to help use wide cable ties.

Let us know if you need anything.

Have fun.
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Thanks fitan

cheapest one i could find is $225. which is cheap compared to some of the other ones. Hard to find in Adelaide.
      Bugger

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
        Thanks fitan

cheapest one i could find is $225. which is cheap compared to some of the other ones. Hard to find in Adelaide.
        Bugger

Liam
        This is a job that gets done once in a life time.

After all I am assuming that the starter motor's really gone and not something simpler than that.

I reckon you should get that one you found.

Will you be able to fit it your self?

If no then give the job to someone who knows how.
        Fitian
        <><

Comment

Working...
        X