Diesel powered seed press for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel powered seed press for sale

I decided I needed to try out this whole pressing oil from seed thing and so I ordered a couple of seed presses from China. I fitted one with an electric motor, and the other with a nice little diesel.

I don't really have room for the both of them, and I was going to sell the electric, as it's powered by a honking great 3 phase electric motor and I don't have that sort of supply in my workshop. It turns out however, that one can buy a single to three phase converter that will handle up to 7.5 KW (yes that is 10 HP!) which works a treat.

So, the diesel powered press is for sale, and these are the details:

You can crush 1 tonne per day, or around 40 Kg per hour. The works is powered by a 4.4 KW diesel which is hopper cooled and drives the machine via two belts which will slip if you do anything silly like jam up the machine.
    The press and engine are both brand new with perhaps 2-3 hours of running total.

I've tested it on canola and for every tonne of grain, you end up with around 330 Kg of oil, plus 660 Kg of stock feed.

Note that the stock feed has been worth a fortune in these times of drought. If you keep it dry, it will last for years, so you can watch the market and sell it when the prices are the highest.

I have various videos available of the machine being test run, and I've put one on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEtipQZVd0. I also have some still photos, just drop me a line and I'll send them to you.

I do have to finish up the belt drive cover, so I envisage that the machine will be available late next week, and finally the price. I am asking $3500 ONO.
    Nuciferos
    Last edited by Nuciferos; 16 September 2008, 01:53 PM.

Re: Diesel powered seed press for sale

Wondering what size and brand this is? What is the weight? Is this cast iron?

Great UTube vidio!!

Roger-

Comment

The press is a generic type made by many, many different companies in China - this one came from Hunan Co.

The engine is similarly generic, and is a copy of the venerable Yanmar - it comes from the Wuling Company and has the added advantage of being electric start (though I haven't bothered to use it as the thing starts on the first crank).

Both engine and press are cast iron and weigh in at around 60Kg and 150Kg respectively. The mounting frame would add another 20Kg or so for a grand total of 230Kg.

All of this sort of Chinese agricultural machinery is made rugged in a way that is hard to imagine in an age of disposable plastic and lightweight alloy. I suspect that it's made to be airdropped without the expense of a parachute, and owners tell me that they run their machines continuously for years.

Comment

Hi there.
        Im in Royalla, just behind Queanbeyan. Could I come and take a look at it working sometime?

Cheers
        Angus
        Have a nice day. :)
        AngusF

Comment

Hello Angus,

No reason why not. Must warn you that I've squished all the grain that I have on hand so I can show you it running but it will have to be a dry run.

Drop me a personal message and organise times and stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X