J29 a riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J29 a riot

Please post your comments on the great day we, MBDC all had in the Environs of CERES on Sat.
    I have no photos as i was busy all day facilitating. So if any one can send me some jpeg , (PM me or contact me by my profile and I'll get you details), Much appreciated.
    Personal HUGE thanks to all who were on the bill, and volunteers on the day, you all know who you are.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 30 July 2006, 11:13 PM.

Re: J29 a riot

Personally I thought the day was great. Very well organised and very informative. The scope of information presented was wide and I could see everyone was able to benefit. Excellent work Darren, Chris and co.

It was fantastic to see so many different walks of life make the effort to attend. From primary producers to back yard blokes. It seems we all have a common goal - trying to do something positive about the environment.

Thanks Darren, Paul, Michael, Umesh and Richard for your informative talks. And what would the day have been without Chris to keep the snags coming?

Who was that masked titration guy? Thanks to him for filling in when Paul disappeared...

Maybe commercial presentations should be clearly that. Paul seemed reticent to provide information in order to maintain the viability of his book??? Not a crowd pleaser.

What about the club? Next meeting?
    Jeff & Sarah (but really Sarah) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JSA

Who was that masked titration guy?
      Fair Dimkum.A Chemical Phantom ???
      Looks like it was loads of fun.
      Cheers
      Sauman

Comment

Was a very good day, heaps of info and people sharing there knowledge.
        Great work done by Darren and the melbourne crew.
        I brought a washing machine pump from Darren and a book from Paul Martin.

Comment

Well done Darren and crew,

It was a great day, all your hard work paid off and you must have been pleased by the size of the crowd. The speakers and demonstrations were very informative and pitched at the right level. The time went so fast. It was good to meet a lot of the Melbourne folks and I went away inspired to help get the ball rolling here in Sydney. One of the busiest guys on the day must have been Chris on the BBQ, how many times did you have to send out for more sauasges? Hey Chris mate here's a tip - next time don't wear a white shirt.
          Thanks to Rohan and Russell for the lifts.
          Darren, I'll email the photos by PM tomorrow.

Cheers

Comment

Wow, I'm really pleased that you guys had a great day and I hope there are many more biodiesel converts out there. I also hope that there are many better educated biodiesel disciples .
            Chris, sounds like you were cooking up a storm, I hope you donated the left over BBQ fat to a good cause.
            Darren, I'm well impressed that your scene has moved along again and I'm sure it would not have got as far as it did without your sterling and tireless efforts. (BTW - just be careful posting your email address on the website as spam harvesters will gobble it up in no time! Better to just ask people to contact you via your member profile in the forum, or PM you - I've edited your post for you as such).
            I might also be able to help Geewizztoo to get his photos up on your site (and any others that may exist). Sending photos by email can be a little cumbersome, so I might be able to work out a method for people to upload them direct to your site for you. Contact me if you want details about this.
            Again, well done to you Melbourne Crew!
            Robert
            Administrator
            Last edited by Robert; 30 July 2006, 11:14 PM.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Hi all sounds like it went well good stuff. Just wondering how much bio was sold????

Comment

Was a great day Sat'day. Hey, I am doing a research project this semester to help finish off my Environmental Engineering degree (I've been at it for almost 7 years) and I want to see if I can formulate a research topic that has something to do with Biodiesel. Does anyone know of any aspects of biodiesel that need research? Surely there is something out there that the commercial and small-time biodiesel industries need to know.?? I've got 3months to do it and I thought this forum would be a great place to start. Any ideas anyone? Any people I could contact to discuss this further?

Also, how much should you pay for KOH and how much for methanol??

Cheers guys, this forum is a smashing idea... robbiewilkie

Comment

Thankyou all those responsible for Saturday it was very informative and well organised. It was good to put some faces to the names. We are proud to be paid up members and look forward to the next meeting. Can’t wait to fill the truck with BD and start using it!

Mick & Fi

Comment

i thought the day was very interesting and well run congradulaitions to the organisers i paid my dues to become a paid member how many others did to help the cause

Comment

We have in the Melbourne biodiesel club INC. 15 fully paid members, and loads more cheques in the mail.
                      Registered members (free on the website) Not yet fully paid up has broken over 65 and growing daily.
                      We raised on the day Capital Assets of $1007.35. gross. Less costs for food, drink, Rent paid to CERES of $ 176.60.
                      So we have banked in the INC. account the balance of $830.75.
                      Paul and Daniel and myself are working on an agenda for the next meeting proposed for the evening of the 10th of August. All will be informed as soon as we have formulated an agenda.
                      There were SSOOO many people trying to get a closer look at the titration workshop we must run another one soon.
                      Well done to all who turned up. Particularly Chris who never left the BBQ fire for almost twelve hours. I should caption the photo of Chris as " SORRY SOLD OUT AGAIN, MORE ARE COMIN' "..
                      Go here to some photos.
                      darren leonadas
                      Last edited by darren leonadas; 1 August 2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X