Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Perfect Biodiesel Passenger Car - Peugeot 306 for sale cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Biodiesel Passenger Car - Peugeot 306 for sale cheap!

I'd thought this was the perfect diesel passenger car. It seemed the perfect "wife's car" for biodiesel use - that is it is not a truck or a 4WD as most Australian diesels are, it is a normal passenger car.

I waited ages to find one appear on the 2nd hand market and eventually it did. We've had it a couple of years now, but my wife does not like the colour and she's got her eye on the new i30 (which has more cup holders).

I'll probably take a trade-in as it will make the changeover to the i30 easier, but I thought I'd put an offer in here if anyone wants a good biodiesel passenger car.

The red book values for the car (Peugeot 306 XTdt, 2000) are as follows:

Private Price Guide $7,300 - $9,000
    Trade In Price Guide $5,000 - $6,700
    Average Km 120,000 - 200,000
    Price When New (RRP)* $29,900

It's a 1.9L direct injection (just before the new common rail, so possibly better for biodiesel) and it's got 99,000kms on the clock (quite low for its age). For the 2 years that it's been under my care, I've spent lots of time and effort fixing up any faults from the previous owner, so I'll be honest with any prospective buyer in here and not "do the dodgy".

The way I see it is that I'll get $5k or maybe $6k as a trade-in after much argument with a dealer (even though that is fairly within the red book value). If I were to try to sell it privately, I could get a couple of thousand more, but it's a lot more effort.

What I'm offering in here is a good reliable biodiesel capable car that you can get for a fair and honest price, say $6k. It's a Peugeot 306 with electric everything, climate control, airbags etc and it only does 5.8L/100kms, which even on dino-diesel is very economical. I've also got the workshop manual for it (Haynes) and a spare filter or two. (Here's the post from when I'd first bought it.)

The car is in North West Sydney, so PM me if you are interested, otherwise I'll just give it to a dealer for a trade-in and it will re-appear on the 2nd hand market for $10k from a dealer.

(I offered my old Land Rover Freelander to the forum users this way before I changed to my Mazda. No one took it, so it got traded in and a couple of weeks later, I got 3 people contact me who ended up having to pay much more on the normal 2nd hand market than the trade-in value that I was asking. So, don't wait too long before asking me this time, as I'll probably buy the i30 soon.)
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 26 September 2008, 07:51 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: The Perfect Biodiesel Passenger Car - Peugeot 306 for sale cheap!

I've had a couple of questions about this car, so I thought I should fill in some more on it.

Rego is due in Feb. It is a sedan.

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow so they can offer me the trade in, but the actual changeover is about 7-10 working days until the delivery of the new car, so if it is not taken by a forum person before then, it's gone to the dealer.

I'll try and take some more photos of it tomorrow and post them here.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Just got back from a few days holiday and the car dealer is giving me the usual rip-off run-around. They've been valuing it based on the wrong model (XR, not XT) and I still have to sort this out with them. I'm getting very annoyed with this whole business now and I'd be willing to part with it for $5k. I've posted some photos (below). They are not my best shots, but I took them late this afternoon with fading light and I've not cleaned up the car first - they should still give you a pretty good idea of it though (I've pixellated the number plate). If anyone is interested, you'd better pipe up now.
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 1 October 2008, 06:42 PM.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Rob send me a PM I am very interested.

Matt
        Peugeot nut amongst other things
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hi Robert I am new to this site and maybe intrested in your car
          would like to check it out
          thanks
          ken

Comment

Sorry guys its gone to another home, mine. Time will tell.

First thing is to find a bosch pump with sprocket, lines and injectors. Now to take it home.

Matt
            Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

She's sold and has gone to a good home. Hope you have a good trip back from Sydney to Brisbane, Matt. I hope she behaves herself under your care - I'm sure she will.

Cheers,
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Greta that a home was found.

If only my kids weren't so adverse to manual transmissions :-(

Need smoko on the way past Port Macquarie Matt ? - let me know

Geoff
                Telegraph Point NSW
                Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
                Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

Geoff,

I could well have done with the break but I hooted home for work Mon am. Will catch up next time as I am sure their will be. The car despite a few rattles (who doesn't!) took the trip beautifully, the turbo diesel motor in this is lovely! Runnign on the good oil (bio) now too.

Many thanks for the kind offer and I recall looking at the sign on the way past. I won't just think next time but make a move, the coast up NSW from Syd is lovely with lots of places to stop and explore..

Thank you,
                  Matt
                  Matt
                  Last edited by Matt; 6 October 2008, 05:24 PM.
                  Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Working...
                  X