Source of Oil in Clifton Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of Oil in Clifton Hill

I was recently emailed this by someone who did not register on the forum, but sent it directly to me.

To Whom it May Concern,

I am a qualified chef, newly joined an Italian restaurant in (Clifton Hill (Melbourne) Victoria. I don’t know to whom I should contact to get waste deep fryer oil picked up for recycling or to dump. I am very worried about that. I would really appreciate if you can send me any information regarding this matter.

Thanking you,

yours faithfully,
    Sam(0433948440)
    Melbourne (Victoria)

If you do contact this person and arrange for collection, please post a message up here to that effect so that others do not also contact him.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Source of Oil in Clifton Hill

Cheers Robert,, I'm onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
      Cheers Robert,, I'm onto it.
      Hi all
      Is this a case of The quick or the walking
      Cheers
      Chris
      Cheers
      Chris
      Never give up :)

Comment

A neat idea to arrange for oil collection.
        Trying to get a more virgin source of oil the moment a new cafe opened in town I went a approached the owner about a week after he opened. The conversation went like this.
        Me: What happens to your oil?
        Owner :I dont know who to get to collect it
        Me : can I collect it?
        Owner : How much money is in that?
        Me : Ummmm...?
        Owner: Well how much do you normally charge to collect it?

Needless to say we are both happy with our arrangement!
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Can you please tell me of the quantity available per week ?
          We could arrange for an empty bulk container to be left there and be picked up at a convenient time
          Plz advise
          rainboaussie

Comment

Originally posted by rainboaussie
            Can you please tell me of the quantity available per week ?
            We could arrange for an empty bulk container to be left there and be picked up at a convenient time
            Plz advise
            rainboaussie
            Mate you may be out of luck, Darren is on to it already he is just around the corner and so am I
            Cheers
            Chris
            Cheers
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna
              A neat idea to arrange for oil collection.
              Trying to get a more virgin source of oil the moment a new cafe opened in town I went a approached the owner about a week after he opened. The conversation went like this.
              Me: What happens to your oil?
              Owner :I dont know who to get to collect it
              Me : can I collect it?
              Owner : How much money is in that?
              Me : Ummmm...?
              Owner: Well how much do you normally charge to collect it?

Needless to say we are both happy with our arrangement!
              Good on you Chris well done
              I would say that you should offer the guy a bit of money for it or be one of His good customers or better still, both
              The waste oil collectors will be on to him and they will offer him up to 20 Cents per litre when they find him on their next run, so keep on good terms as well as lookout for them
              Have no doubt that sooner or later they will be on to it
              Just some feedback from experience
              Cheers
              Chris
              Cheers
              Chris

Comment

Not wishing to cause an influx of biodieselers (is that a phrase?) to Mount Gambier, but at the moment at least, nobody is paying for waste oil.
                I also collect from across the border (about 30 k's away) and I save it from going into landfill...... (no collection)
                I am a customer of all my collection places, one he empties into a bucket and I collect from within his kitchen.
                Needless to say I dont imagine free oil being long term.
                cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Has anyone called this dude yet? He's just emailed me to say that he hasn't heard anything about his oil collection. I've replied and told him that I've posted a message and hopefully someone from Melbourne will get hold of him soon. Come on guys - free oil here, I thought there's be a race to be first to claim it!
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                    Good on you Chris well done
                    I would say that you should offer the guy a bit of money for it or be one of His good customers or better still, both
                    The waste oil collectors will be on to him and they will offer him up to 20 Cents per litre when they find him on their next run, so keep on good terms as well as lookout for them
                    Have no doubt that sooner or later they will be on to it
                    Just some feedback from experience
                    Cheers
                    Chris
                    Chris, are the waste oil collectors you refer to using it for biodiesel? If not, what do they do with the waste oil to make it worth 20c per litre to them?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                      Chris, are the waste oil collectors you refer to using it for biodiesel? If not, what do they do with the waste oil to make it worth 20c per litre to them?

Thanks.

Cheers.
                      Hi There
                      Most of the soap that we use is made from oils and fats they sell it it soap makers as well as exported to places like India and Nepal Malaysia etc
                      The last price I got from a waste collector for filtered WVO was quoted at $600.00 per tonne
                      For Tallow it was 260.00 per tonne (used) no specs
                      The WVO was quoted as filtered, dried, solids removed in 1000 Litre IBC containers returnable or a $245.00 deposit paid
                      They say it is less than 5% FFA as well which means that you will loose a bit of it say 5% which pushes the price further up
                      At 20 cents a litre is a bargain about 35 cents is what they pay or trade the old oil in for new oil as done by a few of the Veg oil suppliers here in Melbourne
                      Coockey's is one mob that comes to mind
                      Any Way here you have it
                      Cheers
                      Chris
                      Cheers
                      Chris

Comment

Yes, but has anyone called this dude and arranged to get his oil? He keeps emailing me!
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Sorry I can't help with collection - for a couple of months yet. But I thought 'Darren was onto it' and 'Chris was just around the corner'?

BTW, Chris thanks for all that information on WVO being collected for soap and export. I guess the rising popularity of biodiesel will drive the price for WVO up and good suppliers will become well-kept secrets.

I hope the Club secures a few of these!

Cheers.

Comment

Evil Kieneval gets steaming!!!!!!!! !!!
                            I Called him already already
                            I was just waiting to see if any of these other anarchists might call... Not really just been busy..
                            This is the first comical thread i've seen on the forum.. Rob.
                            Laugh? I nearly shat myself.

Comment

yes yes yes... steam aside though, I hate to see good oil not get collected, so has anyone actually told this dude that they will collect? I told him that the Melbourne Biodiesel Club would never leave any oil source untouched and he'd soon be beating people off with a stick from the back of his restaurant, so he was confused when he contacted me to ask where all the hordes of oil hungry greenies were.
                              Bear in mind that there are starving biodiesel makers in some 3rd world suburbs who would give anything for an opportunity like this - you should feel blessed!
                              Robert.
                              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X