Oil Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Collection

Has anyone heard of new laws coming into place where as fish chip shops etc due to environmental issues of their used product (old oil) that it must be picked up by an approved oil recyclers (old oil collection drums are being picked up and new designed ones being distributed ). This law is being enforced by environmental officials from councils also the council wants to know who is picking up the old oil.

Any news guys????

Re: Oil Collection

was told this by my in the know local shop owner, stopped giving me the oil for fear of a fine from council re new laws coming into effect (old oil collection guy told him I believe)

rang council and no one there had any idea on waste oil or biodiesel but said if I put it all in writing they would work on it for me, yeah right like I am going to do that haha
    3 years of BD100 using the Dr Mark Imisides method, currently making 10,000lt/year

1991 GQ Patrol 4.2 with DTS turbo

Comment

Ring your local EPA office and ask to talk to whoever is responsible for environmental tracking sheets in regards to wvo. You can purchase these from the EPA, (duplicates etc) you keep one, you give your supplier one, and I believe the EPA gets one. You can also do all this by email. There are also other rules relating to how much you can carry. 250kg at one time is the limit, you also have to be able to prove that you are acting safely. There is information in an Aus Act and Regs that I could probably dig up. My local EPA office was very helpful and not in the least bit annoying.

What has got me worried is that I heard on the grape vine that the government is discussing banning home biodiesel etc due to the volatility of acetone etc, I am trying to find out if this is true

Comment

I believe in NSW the EPA say under 200lt no tracking or permit is required for transport

the EPA people I spoke to are very supportive of this re-use and were interested and concerned as to whom was trying to make problems for collecting

I could not find any trigger for the EPA or local council for collecting 20/60lt per week of oil
        3 years of BD100 using the Dr Mark Imisides method, currently making 10,000lt/year

1991 GQ Patrol 4.2 with DTS turbo

Comment

Thanks Guys just wanted to check before passing info back to shop owner (re the oil collection guy trying to scare him)

Comment

Thats the thing, the pro's will try to scare people into not supplying to guys like us, but, if you are prepared with info before you go asking shop owners etc, then you have the upper hand, you appear professional because you know things that they have not heard of, such as EPA regulations.

Comment

Working...
            X