Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th August 2006 Int.Bio Diesel Day

G Day Folks
    10th August is the International Bio Diesel Day.
    As we all know that we having been talking about media nad more publicity and whatever out of the square thinking that we need to collectively Share and push for it's propogation.
    In fact I completely forgot about it myself.
    Lets get our thoughts and ideas out there.....No Business Like Show Business.Lets make a big bang .Let the world know that we stand in solidarity .
    It was on 10th August 1893 That Mr.Rudolf Diesel was born.
    Let us think of the great man and his contribution to mankind.

LETS MAKE A BIG NOISE ABOUT IT THAT DAY.GREAT AVENUE TO MAKE PEOPLE OUT THERE HEAR US.
    Lets think of something simple and effective.And lets try and rope in media and radio.
    We can only do it together.
    We got the technology just need some active participation.
    If people know Journos.media guys,radio DJ's,.We could prepare a small FAQ for release from the forum.
    Whatever works.

Sorry folks I nearly missed that one.We could have planned a real beauty.But then lets give it our best shot.

Cheers
    We can only do it together.
    Knowledge is Power.
    A clean green world one day.
    Our Tomorrow.A better Tomorrow.
    Just a Dream.A simple dream.

Sauman

Re: 10th August 2006 Int.Bio Diesel Day

Sorry Folks.
    That was the day he did his first run.APOLOGIES!!!
    It must be the Indian hot weather thats getting me.
    But saying that.Intent remains.
    Let do something on that Day.

Cheers
    Sauman

Comment

Re: 10th August 2006 Int.Bio Diesel Day

I am not to sure about that.... I think the Diesel Engine is an Australians idea and it ran on Biofuel.........

Hot bulb engine
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Jump to: navigation, search
      The hot bulb engine is a type of internal combustion engine; more specifically, it is a compression ignition engine, in which the fuel is ignited by being suddenly exposed to the high temperature and pressure of a compressed gas, rather than by a separate source of ignition, such as a spark plug, as is the case in the gasoline engine.

It was invented by Herbert Akroyd Stuart in the end of the 19th century. The first prototypes were built in 1886 and production started in 1891 by Richard Hornsby & Sons of Grantham, Lincolnshire, England under the title Hornsby Akroyd Patent Oil Engine under licence. It was later developed in USA by the German emigrants Miez and Weiss by combining it with the two-stroke engine developed by Robert Day.

The modern Diesel engine is a hybrid incorporating the features of direct (airless) injection patented by Akroyd-Stuart in 1890 and compression ignition, patented by Rudolf Diesel in 1892. Akroyd-Stuart's compression ignition engine (compared to spark-ignition) was invented two years earlier than Diesel's similar engine.

Hot bulb engines were commonly used to power fishing boats, saw mills, pumps and tractors. The engines were usually one cylinder, two stroke.

To start the engine the bulb needs to be heated. Originally it was done manually using a blowtorch, something that could take 15-20 minutes. Later also electric heating or pyrotechnics was used.

The main advantages of the hot bulb engine is that it has few moving parts, it seldom breaks, it has no electrical or complicated components and it can run on just about anything that burns; like gasoline, kerosene, diesel, crude oil, coal dust, natural gas, vegetable oil and so on. This has led to an interest in using hot bulb engines in developing nations where they can be run on locally produced biofuel.[1]
      HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
      Canberra

Comment

Working...
      X