Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of SVO conversion

G'day,

I've come to realise that I don't have the mechanical naf to install the kit I've purchased to convert my 80 series to run on SVO.

Wondering if anyone would mind receiving beer/cash in return for installing it for me or know someone who would be willing to do it?

I know its close to Christmas, but just looking.

For those interested, I've got the plantdrive vegmax and vegtherm mega along with the nada controller.

cheers

Re: Installation of SVO conversion

Do you intend using the existing fuel tanks (main & sub) or are you looking to install another tank?
    Maverick
    Canberra

Comment

I do intend on using the existing tanks - main for veg, sub for diesel. Part of my problem is that I'm not sure how to wire the veg system onto the existing switches for main and sub

Comment

You have 2 nice solenoids for the coversion.
        The problem is they are in the wrong spot.
        You will need to shift them from in between the tanks under the car, to in the engine bay, so they can go after your filters. To do this you will need to add a fuel line from the main to under the bonnet to the veg filter, and connect the sub tank to the main line, so it goes straight to the diesel filter.
        If you extend the electrical cables for the solenoids you can use the existing switch. You need to make sure they are "power on for veg" (one port will be connected always and switch between the other two), this way when the light is on on the switch its on veg, (they dont always open properly the other way around.
        I had no success in getting a cav filter to stop leaking, so went with a toyota housing and found it worked well. (I may be an idiot, but the toyota ones are idiot proof)
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

As Chris has said, you'll need to move the existing fuel change over solenoids to the engine bay and just carry the wiring through to there also.

Personally I see no reason to modify any of the existing wiring, you already have a two tank system that works (main and sub), why mess with it, just move the wiring and solenoids.

I'm a firm believer of the KISS principle and the don't fix what ain't broke philosophy.
          Maverick
          Canberra

Comment

Thanks fellas - that helps clear up that headache. Now for the waiting game

Any ideas on what else I can offer to entice a cruiser savvy fella to committ?

cheers,
            Nyemo

Comment

Not this year Nugget, I already have my arse hanging out with other projects. Happy to help out in mid January.
              Maverick
              Canberra

Comment

Working...
              X