Alternative fuels radio talkback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative fuels radio talkback

Tomorrow night radio national 6-7 pm Australia Talks Back, discussion on alternative fuels such as ethanol, etc. Would be good to have some people call in re biodiesel. They have some experts on and then anyone can ring in, and its broadcast nationwide.

Re: Alternative fuels radio talkback

Good idea - c'mon everyone, spread the good word, call in and tell 'em about biodiesel.
    If you could give us some more details, like who is on the program, who the experts are, if there is a link etc (for the folks in here who are not radio national listeners).
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Website is

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/australiata...06/1712929.htm

I wish I knew how to do this properly. Sounds like they're mainly talking about lpg and ethanol, but it would be great to have their minds opened a bit maybe. I dont know who the experts will be, but they normally have some really good ones.

Comment

OK, I've just contacted them with the following message:

I've heard that tomorrow afternoon you will be running a talkback on this issue and I wondered if you were planning on covering biodiesel at all? I know that in Oz, Ethanol gets the spotlight, but biodiesel is a far more environmentally friendly and easier to produce fuel. If some more attention was focussed on biodiesel now (which any diesel engine can currently run on), perhaps it might help take the squeeze off the peak oil issue?

I personally run my (unmodified) vehicle on biodiesel and have for some time. I also have setup a Users’ Group in Sydney as well as an Australian Bio Fuels Forum.

There is an alternative, it is available now and it is not from the oil companies (like LPG is).

Anyway, please contact me via email or on xxxx xxx xxx if you are interested in this angle at all and I can perhaps put you in touch with a few people. The earlier the better, if you do want to run anything on this, so that we can have time to prepare.

Cheers,

Robert
        Hopefully they will get back to me and maybe we can make sure that biodiesel gets a proper hearing. Everyone please be ready to call in, whether I hear from them or not.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

There was a talkback feature about alternative fuels on Triple J's 'Hack' program last night. LPG and ethanol got most of the air time, but there was an SVO user named Ben (I think) who called to say how good it was to use fish & chip shop oil. Then he went on to say how it would be even better if he could use hydrogen made by electrolysis???

You can download a podcast of the show here:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/listen/podcast.htm

Comment

Damn, I missed it! I looked on their site for an mp3 to download, but did not see one listed for last night
            Maybe they will post it up soon.
            When we are a more organised group, we will have to be better at knowing about these things before they happen and having a good story in place to deliver to these programs to get our message across properly.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

OK, They've just replied to me with only 2 hours notice.

Seems that they are happy to just have people call up, as they would on a normal talkback. I had hoped that we could have done something a bit better but anyway...

So, the number to call the show is 1300 22 55 76. The show is called "Australia Talks Back" with Paul Barclay and it is on ABC National. Frequencies for your area can be found here. It is on at 6pm, or 4pm if you are in WA.

Please call in, I will try to myself as well. Let's see if we can make biodiesel get some attention for a change instead of just ethanol and LPG.

Here is the desciption of the show from ABC's website here:

Ethanol And Other Fuel Alternatives

Petrol, ethanol, LPG and other biofuel options: what price are we paying for rising petrol prices and, importantly, what price will the government pay?
              Mandating the use of ethanol as a fuel additive has long been dismissed by the Federal government as unworkable, but with rising petrol prices and global oil supplies under threat, there's a new willingness to look at alternatives. So is ethanol, or even LPG, the answer? And would you be happy to try an alternative if it meant cheaper fuel?

Guests

Matt Price
              Political journalist with The Australian, based in the Canberra Press Gallery.
              Alan Evans
              President of Motoring and Services at the NRMA
              John Mathews
              Professor of Strategic Management at Macquarie University
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Any idea what are the freq's for overseas?
                Can't call 1300 number from here
                Would have loved to put my 2 c worth.
                Mate Robert and all others please call in .
                More the merrier.Louder the party.

Cheers
                Sauman

Comment

Got on, but they cut me off! I was first caller and did not know how much they wanted me to say.

I've just heard someone else talk about biodiesel on there too. Hope it was one of you

Please call up and make them talk about biodiesel.

I'm sick of just hearing about ethanol, tax, prices and LPG.

Please - call up - we need more biodiesel callers!!
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Damn missed it!!!!!!!!!!!
                    AND we had a blackout in Brunswick anyway at that time. We forget how energy dependant we are until we have a blackout. I had to light a candle and read a book !!!!! !!!!!. Maybe it was a conspiracy to make sure i didn't get on and rave about the disadvantages of mobile tewwowist weapons, (LPG)?!
                    This LPG thing is a joke anyway.

Comment

you can listen to the show on internet later
                      on
                      www.abc.net.au/rn/australiatalksback/

Comment

Paul, just listened as I was in my noisy old Bedford while the actual program was on. You did well. I think the best way to do those talkbacks is to talk fairly quickly without any breaks, you can get quite a bit said before they can cut you off. I think it was quite a reasonable show. Being a farmer, I am quite concerned that the way the gov is doing things so pathetically slow will mean that the bio fuels industry of the future will be run by big oil, rather than local coops etc as the euroes and yanks do.

Comment

Originally posted by farmer puddles
                          Paul, just listened as I was in my noisy old Bedford while the actual program was on. You did well. >>>Good stuff Paul.

Being a farmer, I am quite concerned that the way the gov is doing things so pathetically slow will mean that the bio fuels industry of the future will be run by big oil, rather than local coops etc as the euroes and yanks do.
                          Farmer,they are not going slow.Actually they are doing what the big boys want.And man oh man.They sure are burning the midnight dino candle.
                          With regards to coops and small business being involved.Well they don't want just that.Where will they get there "fat pay cheques" from.

But all that said and done.It still is in our hands to get together and make things go the way it should.It's about networking and building up on it.
                          We are living in interesting times.With a lot of oppurtunities and tools in our hands to initiate the changes in the right direction.

Cheers
                          Sauman

Comment

Working...
                          X