Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out for expanding gases in your WVO drums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for expanding gases in your WVO drums!

Last night a 20L drum of unfiltered WVO emptied itself over the garden after blowing a bung out the side. I have 20-odd drums settling prior to being filtered and have noticed in the past that when removing the caps some gas would be expelled, but never expected this. The bungs are just a press-fit, not threaded into the drum, so will come out reasonably easily I have found. The drums were sealed tight to stop water getting in as they are stored outside under a cheap tarp. I am now ensuring the drums can vent gases easily.

Any ideas on removing the stinky oil from the garden?

1990 LN106 Hilux - Currently planning 2-tank system

Re: Watch out for expanding gases in your WVO drums!

There us only one way to fix your oily garden problem. I suffered similar problems when a hose blew off a filter, and sprayed oil around the shed, only one thing fixed it. A call to a real estate agent to add a listing to the "for sale" board.

Seriously, hot water, detergent, degreaser, or anything else that will kill the plants in the photo should do it.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Re: Watch out for expanding gases in your WVO drums!

It's not soooo smelly now, after a bit of washing powder and a lot of rain. Being a rental, I hope there are no inspections planned soon .
      1990 LN106 Hilux - Currently planning 2-tank system

Comment

Working...
      X