PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical question

Prickle
18th March 2009, 07:25 PM
Chaps

Had an oil leak around the drive shaft coming out of the transfer case on the 4wd .. whipped out the offending part .. have a replacement oil seal BUT no idea which way around it goes :o:o:o:o .... I'm guessing the seal part with the "spring" reinforced collar faces into the case
:o:o any suggestions .. Dave :D

Stuart

Captain_caveman
18th March 2009, 11:08 PM
Gday
I'm sure that the rubber flat part of the seal is visible and the spring side is inside the case and not visible, i hope this makes sense
thanks caveman

Qwarla
19th March 2009, 12:06 AM
The seal is kind of U shaped. The two legs go inside and the flat back to the outside.

You broke the first most important rule!!!!!!
ALWAYS TAKE NOTE HOW THINGS COME APART!! :D

Prickle
19th March 2009, 07:54 AM
The seal is kind of U shaped. The two legs go inside and the flat back to the outside.

You broke the first most important rule!!!!!!
ALWAYS TAKE NOTE HOW THINGS COME APART!! :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :):):)

Thanks chaps .. it is kinda obvious when you sit down and think about it

Captain Echidna
19th March 2009, 11:04 AM
I would often say to my boss, "better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake";)

Qwarla
19th March 2009, 10:46 PM
I would often say to my boss, "better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake";)

Right on Cptn.

Along those lines it's easier to answer a stupid question then go and fix your stupid mistake :D

Anujkapil
20th May 2009, 12:19 AM
It is our general observation that most of the people try to find real peace of mind and are always in search of a quality yoga centre. Today, any Tom, Dick and Harry to have started yoga centres - without truly understanding what yoga is all about. We have been emphasizing that yoga is not only about asanas and pranayams - though they are an essential component. So, any centre merely teaching the yoga practice around these two practices is not a yoga centre.
We have been observing hundreds of educated and well qualified people being exploited in the name of yoga training at the yoga centres run by run-of-the-mill preachers. We believe we can help the society in a large way, by undertaking such yoga retreat (http://www.sivanandabahamas.org) so as to further spread the true light of yoga.
For further details regarding investment required, fees charged for the course, additional support, etc contact us.

Thanks
JSR Solution