Where is everyone situated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone situated

Hi there all, I was wondering where everyone was from, I was thinking that if we have ppl from brisbane and surrounding areas(like me in Toowoomba) maybe we would be able to get Robert to break up the Brisbane Users in to subgroups so that we would be able to chat just between us without getting other areas mixed up with the specific location that you are in....

Just a thought..... if there is enough support then I will have a chat to Robert and see what he can do....

Thanks
    Adrian

Re: Where is everyone situated

Hey Adrian,

No problem with splitting you into smaller areas - I know that bunching Toowoomba in with Brisbane is not exactly geographically close. However, it's early days yet and I did not want the structure of the forum to get too convoluted with too many sub forums, or people might get lost. Hopefully as time goes on and more people find this (still new) forum, then there will be enough numbers to justify this better.
    Maybe for the moment, the best thing you can all do is to put your location in your profile so you can easily see each other (as most of you have already done). I might make this a compulsory field in future new logins...

Anyway, perhaps the best thing you can do for now would be to post a thread with the name of your area or region and hope that others in your region see it (or search on it) and they can post a reply.

Seems that google is now finding this forum much better and listing it reasonably high on many searches now. The google spider is triggering in my logs pretty much daily, so chances are that if your post has your location and biodiesel mentioned, casual web searchers will probably find you. (try googling "toowoomba biodiesel" - you'd be surprised at how quickly you get listed!)

Hopefully you'd find some like minded souls nearby you soon.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 17 November 2005, 02:59 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Where is everyone situated

Hi Adrian, Robert,

yeah I agree with Robert. I think there is barely enough activity to justify splitting the states up as there is. Its already a bit of an effort to get around the forums to find the comments (without using the "new posts" feature).

To answer your question Adrian, I'm up the sunshine coast but I have strong ties and connections in the Redlands. We'll be there this weekend.

Joe
      Joe Morgan
      Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
      http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
      SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Working...
      X